Subject: pilliwinks reminder

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:24:35 EDT

Today is the day to send in your vote.  Please send in one 1-point vote and 
one 2-point vote.  You may choose not to use one or the other vote, but please 
do not send in three votes.  Definitions follow if you misplaced them.
-Fran

________________

pilliwinks (n.)  One of three standard patterns for parading a horse for 
judging in an equestrian competition, consists of directing the horse three 
times 
around in a figure-eight pattern.  See also carabot and plimney.

pilliwinks (n. pl.) Small fairies who add sleepy seeds to dreamers' eyes.

pilliwinks (n.)  A clown, dancer, or other entertainer who travels with a 
circus but who charges separate admission and keeps his own accounts.  The 
pilliwinks usually pays a fixed weekly or monthly fee to the circus.

pilliwinks (n.) (Brit.) Children's term for a ring of mushrooms said to be 
the site of fairy dances

pilliwinks (n.) An instrument of torture used for squeezing the fingers

pilliwinks (n.) Hairs growing between the eyebrows and the eyelashes.

pilliwinks (n.) Degree of proximity to the event horizon of a black hole 
expressed in terms of counterforce required to escape.

pilliwinks (n.) Barnacles.

pilliwinks (n.)  An inept would-be matchmaker.  (Nickname of Rev. C. L. 
Pillion (1859-1905?) who as Dean of Boys at Eton was responsible for roommate 
assignments.)

pilliwinks (n. pl.) Eyelashes that fall off and lodge on the eye.

pilliwinks (n.) Winks that are pinned by other winks (either the player's or 
the opponent's) that are in roofing positions.   /in pilliwinks/: In a 
position where all of the player's winks are so pinned, and thus no moves are 
available, allowing the opponent to pot all of his free winks at his leisure.

pilliwinks  (n.)  1. A feast to celebrate the end of the Kentish hops-picking 
season.  2. A love-affair conducted during the Kentish hops-picking season. 
3. An illegitimate child.