Subject: The truth will out. Or something.

From: Joshua Mackay-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:01:44 -0400

Well, much to my disgust, lots and lots of people guessed the true 
definition--twelve points' worth.  So much for my devious mind.  Anyway, 
Jean-Joseph and Fran have tied for first with six points apiece.  Flip a 
coin?

	(Incidentally, it's possible I've misremembered scoring of correct 
guesses--as will be obvious, I've given two points to those who gave the 
right definition two points, and one for one.  If it's supposed to be 
one point regardless, my apologies, but it doesn't appear to affect who 
the outcome.)

								jdms

bozzetto (n.) A crescent-shaped red lesion of the skin, characteristic 
of tularemia.
Jean-Joseph Cote. JS (1) JT (1) JH (2) + 2 for the correct guess: 6 
points.

bozzetto (n.) A stickball game played in southern Italy.
David Randall. JH (1) + 1 for the correct guess: 2 points.

bozzetto (n.) A bite-sized round of cheese, made as a novelty.
Fran Poodry. MyS (1) LO (2) SE (1) + 2 for the correct guess: 6 points.

bozzetto (n.)  A conventional theatrical representation of the speech of 
stupid people.
Elliott Moreton. PA (1): 1 point.

bozzetto (n.) The stick used to draw a line in the sand.
Ranjit Bhatnagar.

bozzetto (n.) 1. A lawn bowling game using hazards.  2. A sad clown.
Linda Owens.

bozzetto (adv. or adj.) In a light, spirited manner - used as a 
direction in music.  Literally, "frivolously".
Snibor Eoj. DR (2) JJC (1): 3 points.

bozzetto (n.) Ball-shaped candy of nut toffee, traditionally given to 
children on the eve of Epiphany.
Aussie Meyer.

bozzetto (n.) A sculptor's preliminary model, usually of wax or clay.
The Dictionary of Art Terms. DR (1) FP (2) JJC (2) JS (2) MyS (2) JT (2) 
PA (2) AS (1): 12 points.

bozzetto (n.) 1. A tree, Buzatum inerme, of the family Caesalpiniaceae, 
growing in inland Mozambique.  2. The wood of this tree, used for inlaid 
decorations in furniture and, sometimes, for oboes.  3. The seeds of 
this tree, used by Mozambicans for playing mancala.
Pierre Abbat. LO (1) + 2 for the correct guess: 3 points.

bozzetto (n.)  A professional-quality foam clown nose.
Melissa Shaner. FP (1) AS (2) +2 for the correct guess: 4 points.

bozzetto (n.)  A marzipan-based cookie with chocolate icing.
Judith Schrier. SE (2) +2 for the correct guess: 4 points.

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:23:28 -0400

>Jean-Joseph and Fran have tied for first with six points
>apiece.  Flip a coin?
 
How about we takes turns picking words until one of us comes up with one
that nobody knows?  Since I was wordmeister more recently, Fran can pick
first.

Jean-Joseph