Subject: To Kill an Alabandical?

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:59:55 -0700

Final warning!

Tomorrow morning, I'll submit the results of voting. The early leader
still holds onto its early lead, but that lead is narrowing. YOUR VOTE
might make the difference!!!

Thus far, I've received votes from David, Elliott, Eric, Fran,
Jean-Joseph, Judith, Pierre, and Ranjit. Pierre and Ranjit, I got both
of your clarifications, too.

Vote quickly or face the knowledge that YOU PERSONALLY are the cause
of your favorite's loss! :(

BB,
Hutch

P.S. In case you lost it, below is the ballot again.

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM/IT/S d(+-) s+: a C++$>++++ U P L E? W+$+++ N+ o? K? w+>++++ O? M-
V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP-(--) t+ 5? X? R+ !tv b++++ DI++ D+ G e++>++++ h+ r--*
y--(++)
-------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-------

=====

alabandical - n. - a potion intended to induce partial amnesia,
typically self-administered.

alabandical - adj. - Of or related to alabandics, the practice of
bundling - n. - any table or handbook of bundling data or techniques.

alabandical - adj. - Marked by surprising or inappropriate bravery.
       ... Then alabandical he leapt foremost
       To beard the raging Turk 'mid his corsairs.

alabandical - adj. - barbarous; stupefied from drink

alabandical - adj. - Pertaining to the use of land, formerly used to
grow illegal crops, to grow medicinal plants.

alabandical - adj. - Oversimplified to the point of incorrectness

alabandical - n. - (medieval Eur. magical lore) an homunculus made of
alabaster; used as a decoy when summoning elder demons.

alabandical - n. - Alabandical Society: a society founded by Oxford
undergraduates in 1867 to "encourage the undertaking and fulfillment
of sworn quests among all orders of society." [A fanciful neologism.]
- adj. - Characterized by arduous pursuit of an absurd but attainable
goal; as, an alabandical enterprise, policy, etc.
       1876 (Trollope, Prime Minister) His friend Mr Palliser's no less
       alabandical project of decimal coinage.
       1950 (A.M. Turing, Mind) A few years ago one would have agreed
       that an exhaustive enumeration was not merely alabandical, but
       altogether impossible.

alabandical - adj. - (of food) smooth and rich, with a hint of hot pepper.

=====