Subject: Fw: Virus Alert and worm

From: "lindafowens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:05:21 -0400

----- Original Message ----- 
From: lindafowens 
To: lindafowens 
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 5:26 PM
Subject: Virus Alert and worm

Dear All, I am writing to everyone in my address book in case a new worm has spread.  My antiviral program (Norton) has not uncovered one yet, but a friend says her address book was infected and treated and that everyone should take proper precautions, as this worm moves through address books.  So upgrade those programs, and I hope all goes well.  If you don't get it from my friend, you could get it from someone else.  Be very careful.  Linda

---

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:20:27 -0400

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 13:05, lindafowens wrote:
> Dear All, I am writing to everyone in my address book in case a new worm
> has spread.  My antiviral program (Norton) has not uncovered one yet, but a
> friend says her address book was infected and treated and that everyone
> should take proper precautions, as this worm moves through address books. 
> So upgrade those programs, and I hope all goes well.  If you don't get it
> from my friend, you could get it from someone else.  Be very careful. 

A friend got a warning about this. The subject line says something about 
Islam and America, and there is an attachment called WTC.EXE. The warning 
also mentioned Nimda, which I know is real (my weblogs are full of it), and I 
checked Google and found that the WTC worm is real too. It spreads through 
Ouchlook address books. I run Kmail in Linux, so I can't even run WTC.EXE, 
let alone have it spread from me. That's better protection than I could get 
from a zareba around my computer.

phma

---

From: Aussie Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:48:36 -0700

> That's better protection than I could get 

Even a hungry zareba that likes to eat worms?