Subject: Glochinate means:

From: Mark-Jason Dominus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:01:08 -0400

glochinate.  adj.  Bell shaped.

glochinate.  adj.  Dulcet; sweet.

glochinate.  adj.  Having a double hook on the end.

glochinate.  v.    To sing in clear, pure tones.

glochinate.  v.    To etch argyle patterns on a menhir.

glochinate.  adj.  Of an insect, producing sound through a percussive
                   mechanism.

glochinate.  adj.  Containing or rich in brown algae of the genus
                   _chromista_.

glochinate.  v.    To collect in masses, as a cloud or a chemical
                   precipitate; to thicken or congeal.

glochinate.  adj.  Of insects, bearing young that develop partway
                   inside the mother, as the tsetse fly.

glochinate.  v.    To receive auditory stimuli through small vibrating
                   hairs; (n.) An organism which does so.

Please submit votes as usual:  A two-point vote and a one-point vote.
I will report back next Saturday.

Mark-Jason Dominus 	  			                 [email-masked]
I am boycotting Amazon. See http://www.plover.com/~mjd/amazon.html for details.

---

From: Mark-Jason Dominus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 19:48:57 -0400

This is a reminder that you have until sometime tomorrow to submit
your votes on the meaning of `glochinate'.