Subject: Pungle Ballot

From: Aussie Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:59:19 -0700

Well, well, well.  Here are 13 definitions of "pungle" for your
delectation.  Vote two points  for the fairest of them all and one point
for the runnerup, and send 'em in by Wednesday, July 19th.  Without
further ado, ladies and gents, THE DEFINITIONS!   

pungle, v. (fr. Sp. póngale put it down) 1851- 1.transitive senses: to
make a payment or contribution of (money) -- usually used with up.   2.
intransitive senses : pay, contribute -- usually used with up.

pungle, n. - a fishing lure that uses a geometric shape and coloring
pattern, or reflective surfaces, as opposed to resembling any sort of
bait.

pungle, n.- a flightless shorebird of the upper Nile River valley and
Lake Victoria.

pungle, n. - A four-tined fishhook.

pungle, n. - (fr. Turkish, _punkhil_) - The Jerrold-Foulkes
transliteration of the Ottoman diacritical (abolished by Kemal Ataturk
in 1927) that indicated a soft and slow pronunciation of the marked
vowel.

pungle, v. - To throw with both hands.

pungle, n. - A cloth made in Bengal of hemp and kenaf fiber.

pungle, n. - lead angle sheathing beneath the copper flashing at a roof
overhang.

pungle,  1. (n.) a thing more useful for purposes other than its
intended one.  2. (vt.) to use in an unorthodox way.

pungle, n. - on certain long-haired dogs, the ruff of fur around the
neck.

pungle, n. A small sled.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ 
 
Joke def from PHMA:
pungle, v. To mess up a recipe by adding too much pungent spices.

Joke def from D.Randall:
pungle - v. - to muff a witticism

Same one from Ranjit: 
pungle (v) - to tell a joke incorrectly.