Subject: raboination.

From: Joshua Mackay-Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:55:52 -0800

So here they are, in all their glory:

raboin (n.) (southern European Yiddish dialect) The wife of a rabbi.

raboin (n.) (from Tolkien's _Unfinished Tales_)  The hereditary priests 
of the Dwarves of Moria.

raboin (n. or v.) Onomatopoeic word used to illustrate a sproinging 
(bouncing) or ricocheting sound in a cartoon.

raboin (n.) An amino acid extracted from broccoli, used in topical 
preparations to promote blood-clotting.

raboin (n.) An oily, extremely odoriferous thione obtained from the 
perianal glands of mammals of genus Rabonis

raboin (n.) An apprentice violinmaker.

raboin (n.) In southern European legend, a race of humans with tails.

raboin (n.) The substance responsible for the flavor of radishes.

raboin (n.) A clamp for temporarily attaching rebars before pouring 
concrete.

raboin (v.)  To dye silk cloth with a striped pattern; cloth so treated 
is referred to as "raboinée"

raboin (n.) A fine powder commonly used in the detection of 
fingerprints.

	Have at it.  Votes (of the usual one-two variety) due this coming 
Sunday night.

									jdms