Subject: Re: next up

From: Jeff Hutchinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:30:57 -0700

[snip]
>Also...
>
>>morepork - n. - A braided beard.
>>Hutch: Don't know why, but I like this one. 2 points
>
>Next time I see you, Hutch (it will have been almost two years, I 
>think), I fully expect for your chin-hairs to be tidily woven together. 

>Don't let me down.
[snip]

Don't think so. It's NEVER been long enough to braid, and I've been
keeping it rather shorter than I ever did the past few months.

>Pierre wrote, in reference to the Joyce quote:
>>I think "morepork! morepork!" is either NN or C. NN is more likely
>>because it's the capital of Ireland.
>
>Huh? (I did a book report on Finnegan's Wake in high school, but I 
>never actually *read* the damn thing, I just carried it around for a
>month, and wrote whatever I wanted to about the work, knowing that
>the teacher could never dispute me.)

Didn't everyone do that?

>>where he states that the podargue is called the morepork erroneously
>>because it says "kom-kom-kom".
>
>I greatly enjoyed the morepork RealAudio clip, although I must say 
>that I have no understanding of how birders come up with these
>bizarre words to describe bird calls.  Sounds more like "whoo-hoo"
>to me.

I thought it sounded rather like "mo-mom" myself. But I would disagree
furiously with anyone who said it sounded like "kom-kom-kom."
________________________________________________________________
YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
Try it today - there's no risk!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.