Subject: All right, sciolists; let's try again

From: Jeff Hutchinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:40:21 -0400 (EDT)

Well, drat! Pierre knows what sciolist means, making him one 
presumably: "Any sciolist knows what that is. But if anyone is 
*really* a sciolist, we wouldn't be able to play with us, as he'd 
know what a turndun is, and a murnival, and all the other words 
too." For a sciolist is a "know-it-all": One who knows many 
things superficially; a pretender to science; a smatterer.

Surprisingly, Judith came up with something very close for her 
fictionition: "Sciolist: (n) A knowledgeable person."

Well, better luck (to me) next time: does anybody know the 
definition of "eroteme"?

BB,
Hutch

P.S. Judith, "...give points, not get them." Or something like 
that.

---

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:29:37 -0400

>*really* a sciolist, we wouldn't be able to play with us, as he'd 

*duh* I think I meant "we wouldn't be able to play with him", but wrote "he
wouldn't be able to play with us" by mistake and half changed it

phma