Subject: [Fictionary] CATABIBAZON ballot

From: eLLioTT morEton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 02:00:58 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Fictionary,

Here are defs from Hutch, Eric, Jean-Joseph, David, Nick, Jim, Linda,
Ranjit, Pierre, and a dictionary.  Usual one- and two-point votes are
due by 9 p.m. Eastern time on Tuesday, June 1.  Comments, awards,
fabricated quotations, etc. are welcome.

Regards,
Elliott

________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n. A short musical quotation from another Broadway
theatrical production.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n. A translating ear-trumpet, mentioned in Jonathan
Swift’s "A Voyage to Laputa”.
________________________________________________________________________
Catabibazon, n. A Southern Italian street opera featuring various
comic characters and instruments like a hurdy-gurdy.
________________________________________________________________________
Catabibazon, n.  An early online commerce startup focusing on
solutions for messy pets, raised $55 million in two rounds of funding
in 1998 and 1999 but closed abruptly in May of 2000 just months before
a planned IPO.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n.  In Astronomy, the Moon's descending Node; call'd also
Dragon's Tail.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n. Suppression of an insurrection by the Byzantine army.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n. An early style of photograph in which images were made
of disassembled objects at very close range, occasionally touching the
lens.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon, n. A drinking party ending in unconsciousness. Coinage
(1655) of John Milton.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon - n. - A fire-heated tool for creating waves in hair,
predecessor to the modern curling iron.
________________________________________________________________________
catabibazon - n. - a substance untransmutable by alchemical processes.

---

From: eLLioTT morEton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 01:38:27 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Fictionary,

I have votes from Jean-Joseph, Pierre, Linda, David, and Eric.  More!
More!  The deadline is hereby extended till Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern
time.

Regards,
Elliott