Subject: Re: science fictionary

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 15:44:55 -0400

>and interrositer (not sure how to spell that one).

Well, this is interesting. I'm reasonably sure that it's "interocitor". 
But that's a word that's floating completely disconnected in my head,
with no definition or origin.  Unless it's from "Forbidden Planet". 
Let's check Google...

Hmm, no it's from "This Island Earth".  And that's really strange,
because I've never seen that movie. Is that the one with the big robot
that utters three oddball words?  Oh, wait.  I just found some screen
shots from the movie, and I guess I have seen it.  The one where the guy
finds the box of parts and has to assemble them into a triangle thing. 
So what's the robot one?  Oh, "Day The Earth Stood Still".  Klaatu barata
nikto.  That's the one I haven't seen.  But I guess it's not the robot
who says that.  And just this morning, I was wondering whatever became of
my Klaatu LP.  Just one of those strange days...

Jean-Joseph

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 07:26:53 -0400

Pierre:
> What about the megafferator (sp?)? This is a part of a car that
> mechanics talk about when bamboozling their customers.
> There's a high-speed megafferator and a low-speed megafferator.

Don't forget the sliding Finnegan shaft, the left handed blivets, and the
irreversible Iffman pins.  Make sure you don't put 'em in backwards!

Jean-Joseph