Subject: [Fictionary] PARNEL KNEIPPISM belated ballot

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 22:13:03 -0500

I really should remember not to take rounds, I'm so slow about it.

Anyway, please reply with the typical one- and two-point votes. Enjoy!

----------------

parnel, v. To discuss a theory which cannot be proved true or false.

Kneippism, n. The doctrine that souls flounder in megrims until they 
arrive at their final place, as propounded by August Kneipp in 1859.

At Leiden University, several philosophers and theologians gathered to 
parnel ideas such as the continuum hypothesis, Kneippism, and the qualia 
problem.

----------------

parnel, n. A good work performed specifically to balance a bad work 
rather than for any other benefit.

Kneippism, n. A belief system in which good works and bad works must be 
balanced for one to live a fulfilling life.

Long before restorative justice started to become popular in the US, 
practitioners of Kneippism had been engaging in similar efforts as a 
practice of what they term parnel.

----------------

parnel, n. (Fr.). The carved wooden dividing rail in the bedchamber of 
the sovereign, at which courtiers would gather for the ceremonies of 
rising and retiring.

Kneippism, n.  The policies and principles of Tobias Kneipp, a 17th 
century Dutch politician and proponent of republicanism versus 
monarchical absolutism.

Shockingly, the courtiers clustered at the parnel were not focused on 
either the privilege or responsibility of the grand levée, but were 
instead exchanging agitated remarks on the wave of Kneippism sweeping 
the Low Countries.

----------------

parnel, v. To snarl a climbing rope.

kneippism, n. (after Adolf Kneipp, General Secretary of the Luxembourg 
Communist Party, 1924-1931). 1) Neutrality vis-a-vis 
Trotskyist-Stalinist intra-party quarrels. 2) Contemptible indecision.

Catesby's kneippism when confronted with his parnel doomed him to sudden 
death on the Matterhorn.

----------------

parnel, n. A priest's mistress.

Kneippism, n. Treatment of disease by forms of hydrotherapy, as hot or 
cold baths, walking barefoot in the snow or morning dew, etc.

Even after a monastic retreat for Father Avery and a course of Kneippism 
for his parnel, their mutual attraction remained strong as ever.

----------------

parnel, n. The practice of subsisting only on repeated administrations 
of the Eucharist, primarily of Kneippist Christians.

Kneippism, n. A heretical Catholic sect of 14th century Bavaria founded 
by Fritz Ranier Kneipp, notable for the innovation of parnel.

The pope ruled Kneippism a heresy for its practice of parnel.

----------------

parnel, v. To make pliable through immersion, as with leather or wood.

Kneippism, n. The doctrine that philosophy is best performed in the bath.

I was skeptical of Kneippism until I parnelled both my thesis and my 
book proposal during a single weekend at the hot springs.

----------------

parnel, v. To try to undermine the work of someone famous.

kneippism, n. The belief that a certain famous person needs to be 
exposed as a fraud.

James Whistler the artist was constantly parnelled by more traditional 
artists and those advocating kneippism.

-- Eric   |   [email-masked]