Subject: vote for plench

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:24:08 EST

Please vote for the definition of plench.  You have one 1-point vote and one 
2-point vote.  Please specify which definition gets which amount of points.  
Deadline: February 25
-Fran

_________________________

plench  n.  The distance between an alignment mark and the element to be 
aligned.  

plench  v.  To dye raw cotton with indigo.

plench  n.  A lack or scarcity.

plench  v.  Scream.

plench  n.  A hand tool used for gripping, pulling, and turning objects under 
zero gravity, operated by squeezing the handle.

plench  v.  (Back-formation < planchette)  To divine by seance, mediated by 
signs or indirect guidance from spirits of the deceased.

plench  v.  To draw the stems of (flax or hemp) across a blunt edge, bending 
them at an angle so as to loosen the fibers.

plench  n.  1. Metal binding.   2. (of knives, daggers, etc.) Metal strips or 
wire wrapping a split-wood handle, causing the handle to grip the tang of the 
blade.

plench  v.  To crease in an alternating fashion, as in an accordion fold.

plench  n.  A weak solution of salt and/or iodine sometimes added to Scotch 
whisky during the fermentation process.

plench  n.  (Anglican church) a dainty spade, usually silver and adorned with 
a stylized cross, used in the burial of the umbilical cord.