Subject: vote now for grig definitions!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:02:16 EST

Deadline looms!  Vote soon!
-Fran

Subject: grig bounty of defs-vote vote vote
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:43:14 EST

Please give one 1-point vote and one 2-point vote to those definitions you 
find deserving.  Please make sure your e-mail says specifically how many 
points each definition is to receive.  Please vote by Monday, February 26, 
2001.
-Fran

grig (n.) An immature newt.

grig (n.) A lively, bright person.

grig (n.) 1.  A fictitious fourteenth horse added to a race that would 
otherwise have an unlucky thirteen.  2.  (Slang) _To bet (on) the grig_, to 
count on something that will certainly not happen.

grig (v.) To delay - used as a notation in music.

grig (n.) (Public school slang, UK) A student who feigns illness to avoid 
participating in athletic events.

grig (n.) A small concrete barrier placed between parking spaces to prevent 
driving through

grig (v.) To patch together in a temporary way.

grig (n.) an aphrodisiac made of powdered rhinoceros horn, seven-year-old 
wine, adder's tongue, and a page of Holy Scripture.

grig (n.) The silhouette-shaped hole left in a wall after a cartoon character 
has smashed through.

grig (v.) 1. To measure in a casual or careless manner  2. To estimate

grig (n.) (Nautical) A compartment for storing faked or coiled rope.

grig (n.) (Military jargon, USA) The pilot of a fighter aircraft that employs 
incendiary and antiforestation devices.  From "Ground Igniter".