Subject: Los Biviales

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 04:43:31 -0400

Here are the nine definitions. One is the real thing; the others are fake, 
bogus, postiza, or some combination thereof. Please vote two points for one 
and one point for another. If you vote for the real one, you get your points 
back; if you vote for someone else's, he or she gets them. If you vote for 
your own definition, you fall into a pit of quicksand until the wumpus finds 
you.

bivial, n. A wooden-handled tool with a shovel head at one end and a small 
pick head at the other.

bivial, n. (fr. Russian) A marten-fur hat.

bivial, adj. Posessing the ability to drink with both hands.

bivial, n. (Math.) A random choice between two alternatives used to compare 
samples for statistical significance.

bivial, n. A fine grained blue chalcedony having dendritic veins of a darker 
shade.

bivial, adj. Being in a mental state where one is simultaneously strongly 
convinced of two contradicting viewpoints.   "Eric was bivial about whether 
to proceed as controller; not "on the fence", but fully convinced that he 
should, while also wanting nothing to do with the entire organization."

bivial, adj. Unable to cast a shadow.

bivial, adj. Pertaining to the hind legs of a starfish.

bivial, n. A glass bottle composed of two connected chambers, used in 
distillation.

---

bivial - adj. - One step short of trivial.
Joke def from Aussie

bivial (adj.) - Approximately 2/3 as important as something trivial.
Silly def from Joe

---

phma