Subject: Sonica boom!

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:58:05 -0500

Here are the defs. Please vote Jed style, a two-point vote and a one-point 
vote.

phma
---
sonica, n. 1. A Czechoslovak floor-wax made from butter by-products. 2. 
(Brit. Comm. Party slang, ca. 1950--ca. 1980) A serendipitous discovery.

sonica, n. A small zither-like musical instrument, easily held on a lap and 
plucked or strummed.

sonica, n. In the game of basset, a card that has an immediate effect on the 
game.

sonica, n. Bulgarian and Turkish 3-stringed instrument, played with a 
plectron.

sonica, n. 1. A surface finishing technique consisting of a pattern of 
circular gouges produced by means of machine sanding with extremely coarse 
sandpaper. 2. The gouges thus produced. 3. The sandpaper used in this process.

sonica, n. Microscopic stress fractures left in glass by high-frequency 
vibration.

sonica, adj. Lively; spritely.

sonica, n. A variation on the sonnet form in which the rhyme scheme is 
respected but there are no metrical restrictions.

sonica, n. A memory of a sensory impression, esp. a vivid memory of a sensory 
impression, such that the stimulus is seemingly experienced, although there 
is no external stimulus; generalized from the recollection of a sound. [from 
Scientology]

Joke def:

sonica, n. A female hedgehog.

---

From: "coyote's very young apprentice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:51:53 -0500 (EST)

sonica, n. 1. A surface finishing technique consisting of a pattern
of circular gouges produced by means of machine sanding with
extremely coarse sandpaper. 2. The gouges thus produced. 3. The
sandpaper used in this process.

1 pt from Kir, not because I believe it, but because I've done this
to old cedar boards that USED to be inside my cabin, but in the
course of the very-long-lasting remoidleing/replacing, are now in
smaller pieces used outside around the lights and outdoor outlets...
They look pretty nifty.  It reflects (but is smoother and easier to
weatherproof) the original pattern left by the saw that cut the
boards (some big ol' humungous circular blade, I figure)

sonica, n. Microscopic stress fractures left in glass by
high-frequency vibration.

2 pts from Kir

Kir , right, said that...

---

From: "coyote's very young apprentice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:14:57 -0500 (EST)

GAH! Sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying something new...

http://www.cafeshops.com/metasilk_ick

-------------------------------------------------------