Subject: chott definitions for voting on

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 16:05:40 EST

Please send in one 2-point vote and one 1-point vote (clearly indicated) by 
Saturday March 31.
-Fran

----------------------------------

chott (n) 1. The depression surrounding a salt marsh, esp. in North Africa. 
2. The bed of a dried salt marsh.

chott (v) Babble.

chott (n) Mildewy residue that accumulates in drainage pipes.

chott (n) The waste left over from processing flax, consisting of non-fibrous 
materials, such as seed pods, outer covering, and fluff.  After a final 
cleaning and chopping, it is added to animal feeds.

chott (n) A partially-smoked cigar, large enough to relight.

chott (n) A block of wood measuring 1"x1"x2".

chott (n) Any of several palms of the genus Derbigia, found on the west coast
of Africa.

chott (n) An eccentric capstan winch used on ships, esp. such a winch used to 
lower a lifeboat.

chott (adj) Tangled. (n) A ball of mating eels.

chott (n) A survival food used by Siberian nomads, usually made with caribou 
fat, juniper berries, and crushed rye.

chott (n) 1. A scrap of wood  2. Partially-decomposed wood chips, used in a 
biomass gasification process.

chott (n) Fibrous residue of the cane sugar refining process, used as 
livestock feed.