Subject: nex next next next word

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:27:52 -0400

Pierre correctly observed that "startsy" is the plural of "starets",
which he knows as the Russian word for "elder", and which can also denote
a respected monk.  Next try:

HOGGIN

Jean-Joseph

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:43:46 -0400

I've heard only silence (except for one definition) for HOGGIN, so have
at it.  Get them defs in by... howzabout next Friday night, May 30.

Jean-Joseph

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:42:25 -0400

By way of clarification (since Ranjit asked), HOGGIN is a normal round,
no special rules.  The previous note about a special case was for when I
was hoping to use STARTSY, for which I thought "plural of starets" was an
unsatisfying definition, and I was going to request that the definition
contain a second word that you would have also defined.  But forget about
that.  For HOGGIN, just submit a normal defintion.

Jean-Joseph