Subject: WAMFLE ballot!

From: Elliott Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:22:56 -0400 (EDT)

Seven nouns and five verbs, but only one of them is real!  Votes are
due by, oh, say, Thursday the 7th, 5 p.m. U.S. EST.

em

----------------------------------------------------------------------
wamfle, v.  In taxidermy, to seal a seam with pine gum and press an
invisible closure by hand.

wamfle, n.  A walnut (regional)

wamfle, n.  A sheath used to cover a golf club when not in use.

wamfle, v.  To drop what is being juggled.

wamfle, n.  The piece of cotton placed in the neck of pill bottles to
prevent rattling and breakage

wamfle, v.  To "freeze" a cell in a spreadsheet by replacing a formula
with its current value.

wamfle, n. (Desc. name applied by Sir Aurel Stein.)  A Kalmyk
porridge made of sorghum, yak milk, and beer.

wamfle, n.  The handle of a Saxon plow.

wamfle, v.  To go about with flapping garments. Of garments, etc., to
flap, flutter (in the wind).

wamfle, v. To attempt to speak while gagged.

WAMFLE, n.  Underwater rocky mound, of distinctive pillowy appearance
and mafic basalt composition.  From Western-Atlantic Mid-Floor Lithic
Extrusion, so named before examples were found in other locations
worldwide.

wamfle, n.  A strip of moulding on a wall coated with adhesive for the
purpose of hanging lightweight objects.