Subject: calibogus definitions

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:53:44 -0500

Here are a number of definitions for the word "calibogus".  Only one of
them is real.  But you will vote for two, with the preferred one
receiving twice the weight of the one in less favor.  Cast your ballots
by the end of the day on the 2048th anniversary of the assassination of
Julius Caesar (the obvious day; if I did the math wrong or forgot to take
into account some calendar abnormality, too bad -- but I'm sure Pierre
will be able to set me straight).

Jean-Joseph
_____________________________________________

calibogus - n. - A false paradise.

calibogus - adj. - Beautiful, but dumb.

calibogus - n. - Rum and spruce beer, American beverage.

calibogus - n. - A mythical beast thought to be a sea monster.

calibogus - adj. - Wide-hipped. (also calibogous, callybogous)

calibogus - n. - (Cornish) A spirit that haunts women during
menstruation.

calibogus - n. - (Rhet.)  A booby-trapped "clarification" question
directed at a public speaker.

calibogus - n. - A normal human being pretending to be the misshapen son
of a witch and a devil.

calibogus - n. - (Botany) an excrescence of sap formed on a woody stem or
branch at a site of injury.

calibogus - n. - [fr. a character in Shakespeare's The Tempest] A genus
of New World bug with sucking mouthparts and forewings thickened and
leathery at the base; usually show incomplete metamorphosis.