Subject: involucel: place your bets

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:52:46 -0500

One real definition, and eight made of hot air and baloney.  (One hint
for all of you: it's a noun.)  Get your two-point and one-point guesses
in by midnight, Saturday the 19th of January.

Jean-Joseph
__________________________________

involucel - n. - 1. The spiral in a cowry shell, hidden inside a
symmetric exterior.  2. A similar structure in a coffee bean.

involucel - n. - Mucilage made from ground rabbit bones.

involucel - n. - Part of the sympathetic nervous system, these cels are
found along the postganglionic fibers.  Their purpose is to perform
automatic duties for the body, such as maintaining heart rhythms,
maintaining sleep patterns, maintaining feeling throught the body, and
stimulating glandular secretions.  Because they are sympathetic and
allied with the subconscious parts of the brain, they have been known to
perform such odd jobs as allowing you to sleep through important
lectures, scream at your computer in front of an audience, and eat that
second piece of chocolate cake.

involucel - n - A nerve fiber in the insect eye.

involucel - n. - (Botany) A secondary involucre, as at the base of an
umbellule in a compund umbel.

involucel (collective n.) - The mismatched words and sentence fragments
at the bottom of a bag of candy hearts.

involucel - n. - The dormant image layer of a random dot stereogram, or
"magic eye" image.

involucel - n. - A pocket of air held underwater by a man-made object.

involucel - n - (chiefly Brit.) Tinsel.