Subject: roorback - The ballot

From: Snibor Eoj <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:35:01 -0500 (EST)

Here ya go.  Many fine defs to choose from.  As always, send a one point 
vote and a two point vote.

Get your votes in by midnight on Saturday.

roorback - n. - 1. An oven equipped with a device for turning the food
continuously during cooking.  2. A type of bread prepared in such an oven.

roorback - n. - (from Pennsylvania Dutch) A cookie made with wheatmeal,
oatmeal, molasses, and raisins.

roorback - n. - An Afrikaner term used during the Boer War for an
underaged soldier; a successful upstart.

roorback - n. - 1. An adolescent male Cape buffalo.  2. An unruly youth.

roorback - n. - 1. Breed of sheep, originating in Australia, characterized
by fine, curled wool. 2. Having tightly curled wool, hair, or fur. 3.
(Australian Kennel Association) Term for uncommon curly coat texture in
working dog category.

roorback - n. - Defensive lineman in a game of Red Rover.

roorback - n. - A small game hen native to Central Asia.

roorback - n. - (from an attack on James K. Polk in 1844 quoting from
an invented book by a Baron von Roorback) A defamatory falsehood
published for political effect.

roorback - n. - (s. african english) - salted dried lion meat.

roorback - n. - A Dutch cookie made by wrapping dough around a buttered
tube and baking without touching the rack, often served filled with jelly.

roorback - n. - A wild pig of the South African veldt, domesticated in the
last few centuries and popular for its commercially viable natural black
bristles.

Snibor Eoj

[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a member of the Non-Sequitur Association of America
  "You can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make
   a silk purse out of a pig in a poke."  - Opus