Subject: [Fictionary] LIMBERHAM Ballot

From: Elizabeth Heffner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 12:10:47 -0500

With apologies for the delay and no further ado:

Deadline for voting (actual deadline, as I'm now well enough to proceed in
a timely manner going forward): end of Saturday March 20th.

Cheers, Liz.

*Definitions for LIMBERHAM: *

n. A small village in Kent, England, known for its sweet hops.

(Liverpool dial.)  n.      1) (fr. Limberham’s Extra-strength Turpentine,
ext. 1826-1932) strong turpentine; 2) strong, foul distilled spirits; 3)
strong, foul tea.

n. in mortise and tenon construction, a small extension piece added to a
beam or other member that was cut too short.

n. a cotton twill hat traditionally worn in southwest England.

n.  genericized mark name for heavy-duty triple-wall cross-corrugated
cardboard.

n. (from the fish market in Limberham, a town on the River Limber) any of
the ships that sail up the River Limber selling fish caught by doggers.

n. (also “Limberham  tube”) a speaking tube used in early aviation for
communication between seats of open-air aircraft.

n. a supple-jointed person; figuratively: a fawning, obsequious person.

n. a style of dance music, characterized by a 7-beat time signature,
briefly popular in northwestern England, southwestern Scotland, and the
Isle of Man during 1820-1840; thought to be of Turkish origin.  Named for
the Limberham Arms, an Ullock pub where it was said to have originated.

adj. describing either screws with a specific, irregular pentagon
indentation or screwdrivers with the irregular pentagon shape required to
insert into the corresponding screws. Rarely used.

n. a bishop's mitre with attached artificial muttonchop whiskers (From the
1866 novel of the same name, a satire against Samuel Wilberforce by
"T.H.H.".)