Subject: Re: hocket results - Ranjit wins!

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:11:52 -0400

James writes:
> (As Jean-Joseph pointed out, this is the first time
> I've been the wordmeister since May of 1997.)

Actually, I went back and checked, and the results on that round were
emailed from Nova's address, although you do appear to have collaborated
on the administraion duties.  So I don't have any record of your *ever*
having been the wordmeister, strictly speaking.

(Archives are complete from January of 1997, possibly sketchy before
then.  Game is believed to have started in November of 1994.  At least 45
players have submitted definitions in about 160 rounds.  James&Nova are
the only two people who are counted as one "player".)

(And looking through the words, most of them look vaguely familiar, but I
have no idea what most of them mean.)

Jean-Joseph

---

From: James Kushner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 21:46:04 -0400

Hi all!

> having been the wordmeister, strictly speaking.

Well, we did compete as a single unit at that time; some of the
fictionauts came to refer to us as a duprass. This was born of
necessity; we shared an email account at the time. I think we
collaborated on choosing the word, but I did the legwork on running
the round (tallying votes and all that).

Nova says hi, by the way.

--James