Subject: Re: is that really a spork?

From: Snibor Eoj <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:13:08 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, lindafowens wrote:

> My kids called them sporks--those spoons with rounded tines at the
> ends--not as sharp as forks, but safer than bent metal and useful for a
> variety of offods. Personally, I abhor plasticwear.  Linda PS But I use
> it at picnics now, after picking the real silver out of the trash.  And
> probably losing a lot of it.

I'm not talking about a spoon with tines.  I know what a spork is, and I 
wasn't trying to describe a spork.  I'm talking about a fork, a perfectly 
normal fork, with tines and a handle and everything you expect about a 
fork.  The only difference is that the very tips of the tines, instead of 
coming to a point, are rounded, as if someone had taken a very little ball 
and stuck it onto the end of each tine.

I can't find a picture on the web in thirty seconds, but these things do 
exist.

Snibor Eoj

[email-masked]                     http://journal.oygevalt.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a member of the Non-Sequitur Association of America
  "You can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make
   a silk purse out of a pig in a poke."  - Opus

---

From: "lindafowens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:03:36 -0500

Dear Joe, they probably exist, but I never saw any--what I do recall from my
chldhood was miniature implements, a bit dull at the ends for safety; but
when I was about ten I visited a friend of my mom's whose kids had the
little dull forks, but also a "pusher", a knife-like implement with which
you pushed the food onto the fork!  Never saw them anywhere else, but they
would have been very handy.  My kids usually preferred using fingers for
almost everything, and because they camp a lot, they still often do.

---

From: "Melissa D. Binde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:53:21 -0500

> I can't find a picture on the web in thirty seconds, but these things do 

I will support you in this -- I know what you mean, and they definitely are
different from sporks.

-M.