Subject: [Fictionary] vote for your darbs!

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 17:05:43 -0400

Vote for your favorite darbs. Usual one- and two-point votes, polling 
closes in a week, the evening of Saturday, 25 March.

darb, n. A thirding knife.

darb, n. Steamed corn husks, shredded. Often used as a topping for 
salads or tamales.

darb, n. Something outstanding of its kind. "A darb of a boat." "Mr. 
Willoughby is such a darb."

darb, n. A ruffless neckcloth similar to a very short tie, popular in 
Scotland in the 18th and early 19th centuries.

darb, n. [Fr. jargon of the GLH Company, of West Chester, Pennsylvania: 
a major manufacturer of office equipment in the early 19th Century.] A 
desk with drawers or storage on only one side of the knee space; compare 
klore (usu. pronounced klo-ore), a desk with drawers or storage on both 
sides of the knee space.

darb, v. (Sport.) To fail to broadcast an award-winning or memorable 
water ballet performance.

darb, v. Of birds, to hunt by diving into water from a height.

darb, n. A savory plum sauce used primarily in Lebanese cuisine.

darb, v. To treat new or repaired masonry with materials that will 
accelerate the aging process, in order that it will visually match 
existing adjacent workings.

-- Eric   |   @GoudyBoldItalic   |   post.news/goudybolditalic