Subject: more translation for Hutch

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:15:33 -0400

Since at least a few of you reported being unable to read the previous
message from Hutch ([email-masked]), here's an update:
__________________________________________
Subject: Hutch's SECOND New Word

Pierre (Sounds like harakiri or vomiting to me. Or maybe it's what the
starfish does, turning its stomach inside out.) and Elliott [Looks like
it ought to mean "bellying out", or perhaps "opening the belly" (ex +
venter/tris)] both knew eventration:

..... eventration - n. - 1. A protrusion of abdominal viscera through the
abdominal
.......... wall 2. Disembowelment

They got both meanings.  David Randall put forth an amusing one that
won't likely fit with my next word, so I figured I would share it with
you:

..... eventration - n. - 1. the process by which European Union
bureaucrats predict
.......... unpleasant eventualities and come up with new regulations with
which to
.......... prevent them. 2. the process by which European Union
bureaucrats predict
.......... unpleasant eventualities and ignore them, hoping they'll go
away.

So, for another try, how about "desuetude". There may or may not be
multiple definitions of this word.

Blessed Be,
Hutch