Subject: Plover nameserver down

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:54:09 -0400

Plover's nameserver (ns.plover.com, 209.152.205.5) is down, and the two 
secondaries at dca.net don't know where plover is either. I hardcoded the IP 
address (216.158.52.119) into my mailserver. Could you contact Mark-Jason 
Dominus or Plover and find out what's wrong?

phma

---

From: Mark-Jason Dominus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 18:35:13 -0400

> Plover's nameserver (ns.plover.com, 209.152.205.5) is down, 

That's not where the nameserver is.  It's at 216.158.52.119.
209.152.205.5 was the old address, before I changed ISPs last month.

> and the two secondaries at dca.net don't know where plover is
> either. I hardcoded the IP address (216.158.52.119) into my
> mailserver. Could you contact Mark-Jason Dominus or Plover and find
> out what's wrong?

The whole problem is because the secondaries (at my ISP) are
advertising the wrong glue records, including the old address for
ns.plover.com, and so anyone who listens to them then can't talk to
me.

I mailed the  ISP people, and I guess they'll fix it when they feel
like it.

Sorry for this inconvenience.