Subject: the creem of the crop

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:26:53 -0400

Ranjit wins, but he did not creem, as the first two votes for his def were 
matched by those for the committee. Still, his decisive lead earns him the 
victory. Take it away, Ranjit!

creem (amateur auto racing) v.t. To pull well ahead of one's opponent at the 
start of a race: "He creemed me real good". n. A surpassing lead achieved 
early in a race: "When you've got creem, you've gotta keep it."
by Ranjit Bhatnagar. 7
2 surreptitiously placed points
David: 1 point
Linda: 2 points because my husband drag-raced in his youth, and he still likes 
NASCAR--it helps him nap.
Ranjit: inspired by the email subject line "CREEM IS GO"
Kir: 2 pt because I just don't want to vote for the other one.

creem, v. 1. To place surreptitiously. 2. To hug. 3. To shiver.
by OED. 5
Judith: 1 point
Ranjit: 2 points for eerie combination of meanings
JJ: How could there be three such disarate meanings?  How could a word-picker 
pass up a word like that?  How could I?  Two points.

creem, n. (New Brunswick dialect) A birch tree sapling
by David Randall. 4
MJD: 2
Judith: 2 points

CREEM. Committee for Responsible and Ethical Evaluation of Money, a advisory 
group in the United Kingdom operating from about 1959-1973 and influential in 
the drafting of finance regulations.
by Kir Talmage. 4
David: 2 points
Linda: So probable that I will give it 1 point. Not that I am a fan of 
financial comittees.
Ranjit: 1 point for acronymy goodness

creem, n. A fortune-telling device based on a hygrometer.
by Jean-Joseph Cote. 3
2 chilly points
Kir: *laugh!* 1pt

creem, n. A memorable event used to identify a year.
by Elliott Moreton. 1
MJD: 1
JJ: None of the others look very appealing to me, but I'll give this one 
point.

creem, n. Human sperm. v. To spread (human) sperm onto a surface.
by Judith Schrier. 1
1 evancaleous point
Linda: This sounds about as gross as the Flarp my grandson got for his 
birthday  (it looks like silly putty but sounds like farts when you play with 
it).
(Flarp? I thought that meant "out of tune, but you can't tell which way".)
Kir: Actually, if this is real, I'll have to kick myself. I've seen this as an 
impressionable youngster in some magazine or story I really shouldn't've been 
reading yet.

creem, n. Decorations on lampshades, more specifically, amendments such as 
fringe, glued to the bottoms.  (decorator industry slang)
by Linda F. Owens. 0

creem, n. An off-white color with a hint of yellow, lighter than ecru but 
darker than eggshell.
by Fran Poodry. 0
JJ: This should probably have been an adjective.

JJ: Interesting group of definitions.  I was expecting cognates of "creed", 
and was afraid that it would be too much of a cliche.  I didn't expect so 
many related to "cream".

phma
-- 
My monthly periods happen once per year.
	-Les Perles de la médecine