Subject: Chork Full of Defs

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:38:29 -0400

Here are the definitions of "chork". Please vote two points for one and one 
point for another. You will get your points back if you vote for the real 
def; otherwise the author of the def will get them. You have one week.

phma
--------
chork, n. A rock resembling flint and consisting essentially of a large amount 
of fibrous chalcopyrites with smaller amounts of amorphous, crystalline, 
granitic silicates.

chork, n. A fork whose tines have rounded ends, intended to be safe for 
children.

chork, v. (prison slang) To stuff a fork down someone's gullet.

chork, n. A piece of lint or other debris, found in an unlikely place.

chork, n. A cowhand who signs on with a ranch with the motive of gathering 
information, e.g. about business practices for a rival ranch, or of 
opportunities for rustling the stock.

chork, v. To caulk a chicken coop.

chork, n. A movable lug, allowing adjustments in shape between production 
runs, in metal fabrication.  

chork, n. A suppressed laugh or chuckle.

chork, v. To make the noise which the feet do when the shoes are full of 
water.

chork, n. (bootmaking) Rabbited wedge between the vamp and sideseam, inserted 
for decorative widening of the sidewall.

chork, n. A half-dovetailed log used as the topmost log in a log-cabin wall 
that is otherwise fully dovetailed.

chork, n. A crude type of lathe tool that removes large pieces of excess wood 
at the beginning of the turning process. v. To remove such pieces. Also 
refers to the first stages of excess wood removal in chain saw sculpture.

chork, n. A unit of data equal to 12 bits, or one-and-a-half bytes.

-- 
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga
.icu'u la ma'atman.