Subject: vote for malm definitions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:24:05 EDT

I'm sending this a little early, I know, but I am trying to get myself 
organized and out of the house by 6 or 7 AM tomorrow.  So, here it is, with 
apologies to anyone who planned to send in a definition in the next 40 minutes:

Please send me your 2-point and 1-point choices, plus any additional poetry, 
commentary, or jokes, by Thursday, June 26 Midnight, so that I can send the 
results out on Friday morning.
-Fran

THE DEFINITIONS:

malm   (n.)   An untrustworthy confidant.

malm   (v.)   To substitute a strong alcoholic drink with a less powerful 
one, especially if the person in question is already drunk.

malm   (n.)   (Hawaiian)   The heavy container used to carry the pig to and 
from the imu for luau; usually with long poles to make carrying easier.

malm    (n.)   A soft chalky rock. 

malm   (n.)   Spiced honey

malm   (n.)   A false, soothing, statement.   (v.)   To make such statements.

malm   (adj.)   (Obs)   Shiny, sparkling.

malm   (n.)   Venison broth.

malm   (n.)   A suffocating stench.

malm   (v.)   To offer comfort with an ulterior motive

malm   (n.)   One of the six Fundamental Fragrances of the perfumers, malm is 
associated with decaying vegetation.  The other Fundamental Fragrances are 
musk, citrus, leather, floral-jasmine, and floral-rose.

malm   (v.)   To chew to a pulp.

malm   (n.)   The feeling one gets when suspecting that one is married to a 
wittol.