Subject: tog/clo

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:01:06 -0400

Here they are.  Vote yer onesie, vote yer twosie.  Deadline is late on
Sunday night (August 18).

Jean-Joseph
_______________________________________________

tog - n. - (Forestry) A tree that has died and fallen down.
clo - n. - [abbr. clearing long overdue] An area of forest that is
overgrown with underbrush and in danger of catching fire.

tog - v. - [fashion industry slang] To dress.
clo - n. - [fashion industry slang] Any clothing worn on the runway,
including jewelry and other accessories.

tog - adv. - Up the hill.
clo - adv. - Down the hill.
Derivation:  taken roughly from Toggenburg goat management in the
Swiss-German Alps.

tog - v. - to satch or unsatch a clo.
clo - n. - (millinery) a circular or elongated tensi.

tog - n. - The left foot.
clo - n. - The right foot.

tog - v. - An element of macrame in which the cord is knotted and
combined with the next cord - compare clo.
clo - v. - An element of macrame in which tandem cords are knotted and
separated - compare tog.

Tog - n. - A metric unit used to describe the insulating properties of
cloth. If the flow of heat through the cloth is 1 watt per square meter,
then the insulating value in Togs is 10 times the temperature difference,
in Celsius degrees (or kelvins), between the two sides of the cloth. 
Light summer clothing has an insulation value of approximately 1 Tog. 
One Tog equals 0.1 m2K/W or about 0.645 clo.
clo - n. - A US unit of thermal insulation used for clothing.  One clo is
intended to represent the insulation required to keep a resting person
warm in an indoor room at 70 °F (21.1°C), relative humidity <50% and air
movement 20 ft/min.  The rate of a person's heat loss is measured in
watts per square meter of skin area per kelvin of temperature difference
across the clothing; the value of insulation is measured by the
reciprocal of this rate, in square meter kelvins per watt (m2K/W).  An
ordinary wool business suit has an insulation value of approximately 1
clo.  One clo is equal to 0.155 m2K/W or 1.550 Togs.