Subject: [Fictionary] Fwd: word candidate: FAKING BOX

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 00:06:46 -0500

-- 
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.

Subject: [Fictionary] word candidate: FAKING BOX
From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 00:02:46 -0500
List-Id: Fictionary game <fictionary.swarpa.net>

OK, let's start the parade of new candidate words.

Does anyone know FAKING BOX ? (Yes it's actually two words.)

If you know it, let ME ([email-masked]) know. Don't reply to Pierre.

If you got this message from Pierre, but not also from me, either email 
me or post a message to the list, so that we'll know that we're still 
having some forwarding problems.

If you don't know the word but would like to try submitting a 
definition, send it to me.

And if you're Pierre, please forward this message to the list.

Thanks!
Jean-Joseph

---

From: Nicolas Ward <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 21:26:49 -0800

Interestingly even though I switched to iCloud Mail with Custom Domain, I don't get JJ's message, even in my junk folder. So more than just GMail...

--Nick

> On Feb 4, 2024, at 9:07 PM, Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> --
> <Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>: [Fictionary] word candidate: FAKING BOX>

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 07:40:49 -0500

Pierre's suspicion of FAKING BOX was 98% of the way to the correct 
definition, that being a box that you keep rope in, laid out in a 
particular orderly way so that you can attach it to a cannon-fired 
projectile that you launch from the beach for lifesaving purposes.

So OCTROI is the next word that somebody will probably say they know.

(And at least one person has reported not getting my original message 
(and neither did I!), so we'll have to continue with the forwarding.

Jean-Joseph