Subject: Vote, please

From: "Judith E. Schrier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:40:54 EDT

Sorry to be so late, but going to press got complicated this weekend!

No new rules...two points for the best, one point for the nearly best.
Please return by Sunday and I should be able to have results Monday...
D.v.

love, judith
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
gambier - n. - a French Canadian _voyageur_ who has settled in a Native
American village and adopted local customs.

gambier - n. - the hinged brace on a freestanding ladder

gambier - n. - A sculptor's assistant who does coarse initial carving,
removing large pieces from the raw stone to bring it to rough shape in
preparation for the artist to begin more detailed work.

gambier - n. - A railroad laborer assigned to maintenance
work on a track right-of-way. These employees may
live in camp (bunk) cars where they are provided
lodging and meals at a nominal cost.

gambier - n. - An artisan who makes combs.

gambier - n. - The croupier's assistant at a roulette table.

gambier - n. - a yellowish catechu obtained from a Malayan woody
vine of the madder family and is used for chewing with the betel
nut and for tanning and dyeing.

gambier - n. - a light spinning windchime activated by the heat of a
candleflame.

Gambier - n. - (obsolete) the treasurer of a tradesmen's guild, who
collected dues and other fees and kept track of which tradesmen
were thus "licensed" to practice.

Gambier - n. - a men's jacket, characterized by heavily
padded quilting.