Subject: Which is the real mollag?

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:20:00 -0400

Please vote for two of these mollags, one with two points and one with one. You
have one week.

phma
---
mollag, n. A finish appearance of metal characterized by a moderate lustre and
coarse incuse stippling.

mollag, n. 1. A bifurcated token held by two parties as a tangible symbol of a
mutual pact. 2. Any charm or talisman split into two parts.

mollag, adj. 1. Hard to deal with, obtain, or get rid of. n. 2.(mining sl.)
Molybdenum slag, fr. "Molly's slag" fr. "Molly-be-damned" fr. the difficulty of
mining and working molybdenum.

mollag, n. The skin of an animal, blown up as a bladder, and used as a float.
See Xenophon's ANABASIS, 3:5, on crossing a river.

mollag, n. A male sheep between 6 months and 1 year of age.

mollag, n. 1. (U.S.) A plain fact which, by polite convention, is treated as
false. 2. (Brit.) A plain falsehood which, by polite convention, is treated as
true. 3. (Aus.) Paper money which has been ruined by exposure to salt water.

mollag, n. The black, dried honey fonud in the remains of an abandoned beehive.

mollag, n. A pretend wife.

mollag, n. (Welsh dial.) A toad.

Mollag, n. The sourdough base or starter for Swedish crispbread.

mollag, n. (Trinidadian dialect) 1. The foreman of a sugar plantation. 2. A
powerful or influential man. 3. The highest-scoring member of a cricket team.

mollag, adj. Soft, pliable.