Subject: [Fictionary] misqueme ballot - vote by Labor Day

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 23:59:23 -0400

One of the definitions below is real; the others are fake. Can you
identify the correct definition from within eight fictional ones created by
our eminent fictioneers?

Usual two-point / one-point votes. Add notes, songs, poetry, tie-breaker
votes as you wish: they might even affect the results if it's too close to
call.

Vote by the day AFTER Labor Day: 9/7. I'll be very busy that week, so I'll
get the results out as early as I can.

misqueme,  v.   to heckle a speaker by mischievously answering a rhetorical
question

misqueme,  n.   An expansive mangrove swamp laced with narrow waterways
navigable by canoe, with scattered islets large enough to support small
groups of huts

misqueme,  n   [French misquème, from Arabic misqim, from saqum, sycomore]
1. A Lebanese sauce made from sycomore figs and dates, spiced with cinnamon
and thyme 2. A dish of chicken, lamb, goat, or beans with this sauce

misqueme,  v.   to dance down an aisle or runway in a sashaying gait

misqueme,  n.   a geological feature that approximates the name of the
feature as known by indigenous people local to the region surrounding the
feature. Ex: The name of Mooselookmeguntic Lake in Maine, United States is
a misqueme, since the name approximates an Abnaki word meaning "place where
moose eat."

misqueme,  n.   a bee colony suffering from infectious sexual dysphoria,
transmitted by wax moths

misqueme,  v.   to displease; to offend

misqueme,  n.  the attestation required from a diocesan bishop for the
establishment of any religious house within the diocese

misqueme,  n.   (var. mitskwema) a relative of the blackberry, endemic to
the Pacific Northwest of the United States

NOTE: One of fictionition submitters said they did not receive the earlier
notices, so I have blind-copied them as well as sending to the group. You
will likely receive two copies, but hopefully at least one of them will get
through.

BB,
Hutch

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/S d+>- s+:+ a++ C+++$ ULAC>$ P+ L+ !E W++$
N+ o K? w++++/--$ O? M- V? PS+ PE/- Y PGP- t++ 5?
X-- R !tv? b++++>$ DI++++ D G+> e++ h+ r--?* y++>
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

---

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 01:29:31 -0400

Only three ballots received so far (David Randall, E [is it "Eric"?] Cohen,
and Linda Owens). There is a leader, but the difference between first and
last place is only three votes.

Get your votes in now!!!

BB,
Hutch

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 11:59 PM Hutch <[email-masked]> wrote:

> misqueme,  v.   to heckle a speaker by mischievously answering a
> rhetorical question
>