Subject: quat definitions

From: "David Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:18:43 -0400

2 and 1 point guesses please.

Some individual, doubtless prejudiced against monosyllables, accuses 'quat'
of being a boring word.  I think it is more of a Rorschach blot of a
word--as evidence, I present the following definitions, unusually varied.
Hmph.

David

quat - n. [U.S. mil. sl.] - 1.  a dromedary courier, used by the U.S. Army
in the Southwest in the mid to late 19th cent.  2.  A dispatch sent by quat.
3.  Reliable secondhand information, as opposed to scuttlebutt.

quat - n. - an omelet pan with a folding lid.

quat - n.  - a printers' measure for the space indenting a paragraph.

quat - n. - 1. a pustule; a small boil; a stye.  2. Applied contemptuously
to a (young) person.

quat - n. - a river landing place or pier.

quat - n. [Italian quatto] - a type of plaster used in friezes in northern
Italy.

quat - n. - a unit of measure for dried salt fish, equal to 54 pounds.

quat - n.  the meat of a pulpy fruit.

quat - v. - to suppress