Subject: spanish quotes

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:36:07 -0500

Here are the quotations for "spanish" in the OED. The verb one doesn't sound 
nearly as anti-spanish as the noun ones.

Several Persons ... continue to make Bricks of bad Stuff and unsizeable 
Dimensions, and do not well burn the same; and in making thereof mix great 
Quantities of Soil called Spanish.

No Spanish at any time ... shall be ... mixed with any Brick, Earth, or Clay.

Together with two Stools of Brick-Earth ready dug and spanished.

I am now back in North Carolina, in time to see the flowers spanish on the 
pear trees (the ones that didn't get demolished by the fall ice storm), and 
eagerly await the next word from Ranjit.

BTW, my sig is a quotation from Gandhi translated into Lojban.

phma
-- 
.i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
.ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:05:03 -0500 (EST)

> eagerly await the next word from Ranjit.

Oh, it's my turn, isn't it?  I'll have a word for you before the weekend
is out.

r.