Subject: aroph ballot

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:32:17 -0400

Please vote two points for your favorite definition and one point for 
your next favorite. You have one week.

aroph, n. (fr. Turkish) 1. The body of an oud; an unstrung oud. 2. 
(slang) A foolish or unintelligent person.

aroph, n. Any decoration, usually carved/filigree, but may be painted, 
on a shepherd's or, more likely, on a bishop's crook.

aroph, adj. (Obs.) Variant of _enough_.

aroph, n. Any of various medicinal preparations made or invented by 
Paracelsus or the Paracelsians.

aroph, n. 1.  Any magical charm or amulet whose function is unknown. 2. 
  (Pej.)  One hired for reasons unrelated to competence.

aroph, adj. Subordinate, partial, incomplete.

aroph, n. (fr. Mdvl. Fr. arove, L. arevus; cognate to the G. arheff and 
Sp. arruvio) 1. A general's cape, often decorated with eagles or fascii. 
  2. A thick cape.  3. An overcoat.

aroph, n. In alchemy, elemental mercury considered the father of all 
other metals.

phma