Subject: [Fictionary] OMNIUM ballot

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 22:15:44 -0400

One and two point guesses, as usual. Please make sure your email is 
addressed to [email-masked]. Ballots due by late on September 5 
(the day after Labor Day). Because I'll be in Wyoming until then. (Hey 
Hutch, I'm going to Wyoming!)

Jean-Joseph

omnium - n. - A museum of everything

omnium - n. - The sledge (U.S.: sled) used in league sledge hockey.

omnium - n. - The fourth stomach of a ruminant, such as a cow or sheep.

omnium - n. - The thin mucosal membrane coating the gut in some ruminants.

omnium - n. - A blended homeopathic remedy, suitable for treating a wide 
variety of diseases.

omnium - n. - A circular meeting chamber, often found in universities, 
used for formal debates. Traditionally contains a circular table at the 
center and raked semi-circular seating.

omnium - n. - (cycling) A multiple race event in track cycling. 
Historically the omnium has had a variety of formats. Currently it 
consists of the following six events: flying lap, points race, 
elimination, individual pursuit, scratch race, and time trial.

omnium - n. - (obsolete regionalism) A department store. From Osbourne's 
Omnium (Manchester, UK), an early department store whose business model 
was so widely copied that its name became generic in Northern England 
for several decades.

omnium - n. - (advertising) A brand or model that is announced but never 
produced or released. During the period from 1942-1979, "Omnium" 
automobiles were announced by five different automobile manufacturers 
six separate times but none of them was ever produced.

[Pierre, please forward.]

---

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:02:21 -0400

Send votes to J-J, not to me!
-- 
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.

Subject: [Fictionary] OMNIUM ballot
From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
To: fictionary group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 22:15:44 -0400
List-Id: Fictionary game <fictionary.swarpa.net>

Jean-Joseph