Subject: [Fictionary] TYG ballot

From: E <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 21:36:16 -0400

Hello all!

Below, your TYG ballot, with entries from David, Elliott, Fran, Hutch,
Joshua, Nicolas, Pierre, Ranjit, and something based in reality.

Usual two- and one-point votes by a week from now, the end of July 18 2024.

----------------------------------------------------------

tyg, n. A game of chance involving tossing cowrie shells onto a flat surface

tyg, n. A staged cannon, the ammunition of which is a smaller cannon,
which may in turn fire a still smaller cannon, and so on.  (_A True and
Complete Narrative of a Voyage to Mars, With Observations Concerning the
Manners and Morals of its Surviving Inhabitants, by A Gentleman of
Wiltshire_, London, 1810.)

tyg, n. A medium-sized gall appearing on a deciduous tree root, caused
by subterranean bacteria in the soil, often causing disfiguration or
stunted growth over time.

tyg, n. (Malay) Orangutan spoor.

tyg, v. Select; anoint. n. A multi-round weighted-choice voting method.

tyg, n. A large pottery mug with three or more handles dividing the rim
into sections for several drinkers. Specimens are known with as many as
nine handles.

tyg, abbr. A TLA (Three-Letter Acronym) for "Thank You, God". It has
spread to moderately common usage in Christian on-line sources. See also
TYJ. [UseNet: first known appearance 1998 November 3 by user Shrew in
the talk.religion.christian group.]

tyg, v. To chew persistently, as with chewing gum or cud. From Danish
_tygge_, chew.

tyg, n. A South African and Namibian cookie flavored with rooibos and
termite mushrooms.

Enjoy,

-- Eric