Subject: (s)culch ballot

From: Elliott A Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:16:28 -0500 (EST)

culch (_also_ sculch) -- (n.)  The coiled heating element on an
electric stove
 
culch (_also_ sculch, < squelch _and_ scuttle) -- (v.) To sabotage and
then hide evidence of existence.  "We were going to hold a shower for
Lisa at the office, but plans were effectively sculched when the
invitations disappeared and the office kitchen was damaged by the
microwave when it exploded."
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.) To remove seeds from a pomegranate.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.) To capture.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.) (Naval) To tighten a rigging line by a
small amount.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (n.) 1.  A natural bed for oysters.  2.  The
spawn of the oyster.  3.  Clean trash or rubbish.  4.  Someone or 
something held in contempt.

culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.) To walk in a lighthearted manner, to
prance
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (n.)(Stanleyshire dialect) A juvenile
delinquent who specializes in stealing recordings of classical music.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.) To wake someone up by pulling the covers
off him.

culch (_also_ sculch; Gullah, of Mende origin - 1805) -- (n.)  Lemon
punch.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (n.) 1. Pepper.  2. Previously, a variety of
coarse black pepper, crudely processed in India for export.
 
culch (_also_ sculch) -- (v.)  To withdraw one's pledged support;
reneg.  n. A person who is known for having sculched.

culch (_also_ sculch) -- (n.) A decorative trench or haha.