Subject: yurts int he news

From: "coyote's laughter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:01:53 -0500 (EST)

Just for your amusement:

http://www.csmonitor.com/durable/2001/02/27/fp2s2-csm.shtml

--Kir

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:51:35 -0500

Kir points us to:
where we learn:
>The morning's workout made us eager for lunch. That's when I caught my
>first glance of a yurt. Of Scandinavian origin, yurts look like a cross
between
>a gazebo and a tent. 

Scandinavian?!?  Handed down to us from Olaf Khan?

and:
>Few things are cozier than being lulled to sleep by the muted sounds of
>wind-thrashed hemlocks rippling against a yurt's stretched canvas. 

Canvas?  What kind of a yurt is this?  If it ain't made of felt, then
it's just a tent.

Shame on Joshua S. Burek, Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

Jean-Joseph