Subject: Third time's the charm?

From: Jeff Hutchinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:19:03 -0400 (EDT)

Blatherscythe! Fiddlesticks, too!

Pierre again knew that an eroteme is a ?. I suppose therefrom that he will also know what an octothorpe is. Can't use that.

Well, if at first ... and all the rest of that garbage. Does anyone know what "lallation" means?

BB,
Hutch

P.S. No, I'm recovered (mostly) from the foot surgery. But without wheels it remains hard to travel from Denver to Laramie. Besides which, I can't get out of work. Several weeks of sitting around with nothing to do and this week they decide to slam it on. No, J-J, I won't even be able to come up over the weekend. *pout*

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:02:07 -0400

Nobody has complained about my duplicating the messages sent out by
Hutch, and a couple of people have mentioned that they can't read Hutch's
email ([email-masked]), so I hereby continue with his latest
missive.

Jean-Joseph
_______________________________________________

Well, shoot! *bang* Everyone knows this one.

Elliott A Moreton commented, "It may even be a Stormy Petrel...." Err,
how is desuetude "one fond of strife" or "a harbinger of trouble"?
(Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary online)

Pierre Abbat asked, "Can you think of a word that's really in desuetude?"
I'm trying, Pierre. I'm trying.

MYShaner and David Randall both knew it too.

Ranjit Bhatnagar DIDN'T know it, but thought that "it opens itself up to
too many jokes about the removal of suet." *G*

..... DESUETUDE - n.  - the cessation of use; disuse; discontinuance of
..... practice, custom or fashion

So, let's try this one: masdevallia

BB,
Hutch

P.S. Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you here. It looks like
Elliott and Pierre actually responded within an hour of the last one
going out. Things are busy here.

P.P.S. Linda, if there isn't a word for that, there oughta be.