Subject: [Fictionary] Galah sighting (53 of them)

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2024 06:37:15 -0500

https://forum.inaturalist.org/t/give-us-the-birds-your-top-10-species-observed/58361/13
Of course I asked about goolayyalibees.

Pierre
-- 
The Black Garden on the Mountain is not on the Black Mountain.

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2024 08:35:40 -0500

A friend of mine, who is a birder, recently returned from a trip to 
Australia for his 80th birthday. I haven't gotten a full rundown, but 
some of the highlights included the Bush Thick-knee, Albert's Lyrebird, 
Superb Fairy-wren, and a mother and chick cassowary (from the safety of 
a car). And a lot of things that were not birds.

Jean-Joseph

---

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 12:56:56 -0500

I'm impressed and jealous! The Superb Fairywren is indeed "superb" and *any*
Lyrebird is an exciting sighting. Sadly, it looks as if I'll never get to
go to Australia to see them ... unless I hit the lottery :-(

BB,
Hutch

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCM/S d+>- s+:+ a++ C+++$ ULAC>$ P+ L+ !E W++$
N+ o K? w++++/--$ O? M- V? PS+ PE/- Y PGP- t++ 5?
X-- R !tv? b++++>$ DI++++ D G+> e++ h+ r--?* y++>