Subject: [Fictionary] LOOF ballot

From: Fran Poodry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 10:28:40 -0700

Please send one 2-point vote and one 1-point vote by the end of Tuesday,
July 18. I'll tally them on Wednesday, July 19th, whenever I get around to
it, on my first day of my first-ever sabbatical! (it's not that exciting,
it is only 1 month)

—

loof, v., To oscillate in torsion, as a strap in wind.

—

loof, n. A strong localized current of upward-moving cold air. Most
commonly observed in the wake of a derecho.

—

loof, n., A posting-house along a road.

—

loof, n., a large piece of hard coral, often ground into powder.

—

Loof - v. - In curling, to use the edge of a slider shoe to provide a
slight groove which alters a stone’s track.

—

loof, n., 1. (chiefly Scot.) The palm of the hand.  2. (nautical) The
tapering of a hull toward the stern.

—

loof, n., The fine underlayer hair of certain goat breeds.

—

loof, v., To polish using crushed walnut shells.

—

loof, n.,  Part of a loom: pulls on the draw threads with pegs to lift a
set of levers, opening the shed.

—

loof, v.t., To operate a mechanism excessively violently when it provides
less resistance than expected. "I loofed the faucet and soaked my shoes."
"He thought the door was locked, and loofed it right in Jan's face."

-- 
*Fran Poodry (she/her)*
*Oregon, USA*

*“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” ― Margaret Mead
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/61107.Margaret_Mead>*