Subject: FWD: hyemal ballotting

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:45:01 -0400

Sorry for the delay everyone! I'm in the process of changing jobs (start
my new job next Monday) and things are very busy. J-J is posting this to
the list for me, so do NOT send your votes to him but to me at
<[email-masked]>.

As usual, make your two- and one-point votes for the most believable
fictionitions. Because of not having 'Net access for a few days this
weekend, I will accept votes until next Tuesday, October 1.

  hyemal - n. - The ubiquitous fish soup sold from roadside stands
throughout Johannesberg.
  hyemal - adj. - Lonely; desolate; forlorn. [From Greek myth, the Three
Sorrows: Lothos,
      Mendra, and Hyema, who represented Poverty, Illness, and
Loneliness, respectively.]
  hyemal - adj. - Positioned behind and to one side; diagonally behind.
  hyemal - adj. - Of a gesture, factitious and calculated to elicit a
similar, but sincere,
      response, e.g., an apology which disguises a demand for an apology,
or a compliment meant to evoke a compliment.
  hyemal - n. - (med.) A disagreeable experience with psychedelic drugs;
a "bad trip".
  hyemal - adj. - Belonging to winter; done in winter.
  hyemal - adj. - Of or pertaining to a backwater in a river.
  hyemal - adj. - Not allowing the passage of various substances through
a membrane. Ant. porous.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets!

BB,
Hutch