Subject: pingo reminder

From: Fran Poodry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:33:31 -0500

Please vote for two of the following pingo definitions.  You have about 24
hours left to send me one one-point vote and one two-point vote.  Don't be
afraid to vote even if you didn't submit a definition!
-Fran
------------------------------------------------------------

pingo -n. - a carnivorous plant with adhesive on the surface of the leaves.

pingo - n. - a large ceremonial cudgel, typically covered with intricately
tooled leather.

pingo - n. - 1) Milton Bradley's 1947 game of duck hunting. 2) to shoot five
ducks with five shots.

pingo - n. - in bocce, a hit that causes another player's ball to move
closer to the target

pingo - n. - folly; nonsense.

pingo -v.i.- of a horse, to lose a shoe; - v.i. / v.t. - informally, of a
person or animal, to lose a shoe or other article of gear or clothing, usu.
without noticing

pingo - n. - a confection of marzipan and slivered almonds, eaten by
vegetarians on Shrove Tuesday as a substitute for shroves.

pingo - n. - (geol.) a dome-shaped mound found in permafrost areas.

pingo - n. - a Portuguese vegetable soup, originating in the Cape Verde