Subject: Scotal & Sorehon, Certified Public Accountants

From: Elliott A Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:52:15 -0400 (EDT)

Here they are!  Voting begins at once, with the usual two- and
one-point votes.  Send votes, comments, light verse, etc. to me by the
end of Tuesday, GMT.  Note my new permanent forwarding address,

	[email-masked]

em
____________________________________________________________________

sorehon -- (n.) Any of several species of glacier lilies, found
primarily in avalanche chutes and other areas with scotal soils.

sorehon -- (n.) An edict declared by a scotal authority.

scotal -- (adj.) Ring-like, as in a ridge of sorehon or callus around
the finger, usu. caused by continual use of driving reins for a team
of horses, without gloves.  (from scots (scoats) or driving rings,
wide brass rings with hooks for handling multiple reins)

sorehon -- (n.) A species of Irish land tenure compelling the tenant to
host and finance his landlord's revels, though the tenant, if an officer 
of the forest, might recoup his losses through scotal.

scotal -- (n.) A royal agent, entrusted with pacing and defending
lands which are under the defense of the crown but not under the
crown's possession.  Later, the prosecuting agent in cases of sorehon.

sorehon -- (n.) The large and ancient ceramic sorehon, used for
holding up to five gallons of liquids, incorporated Celtic scotal
designs on its rim and near its base.

______________________________________________________________________