Subject: Tittup defs

From: Snibor Eoj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:49:54 -0400 (EDT)

Here, at last, are the long-awaited definitions for tittup.  Vote in the 
usual 1-point/2-point style.  Get votes in by next Friday at noon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

tittup (v.) - (Bartender's slang) To leave a bottle upended in a glass to
get the last drops.

tittup (v.) - A triple crown move in some variants of checkers.

tittup (n.) - One who regularly attracts gossip.

tittup (n.) - An intrusive and unwelcome thought inseparably associated
with some other particular thought, idea, image, or the like, which the
tittup immediately displaces whenever the other comes to mind.  (1869;  
coined in a class lecture at Harvard by William James, who declined to
specify the etymology he had in mind.)

tittup (v.) - (Golf) To intentionally distract an opponent, such as by
creating a sudden noise when he is playing his stroke.

tittup (n., v.) - gossip

tittup (n.) - A difficult or perplexing situation.

tittup (n.) - A mug of beer that is more than one half head.

tittup (n.) - "The slip twixt the cup and the lip".

tittup (n.) - Lively, gay, or restless behavior.  (v.) - To move in a lively
manner, often with an exaggerated or affected action.

Joke def from Pierre:
tittup (n.) - The state of a mammal lying on her back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Snibor Eoj

[email-masked]                     http://journal.oygevalt.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a member of the Non-Sequitur Association of America
  "You can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make
   a silk purse out of a pig in a poke."  - Opus