Subject: Acnestis ballot

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:07:15 -0400

You have two votes: a one-point vote and a two-point vote. If you vote for 
the correct definition, you get your points back. If you vote for someone 
else's definition, he gets your points. You have one week.

phma
---
acnestis, adj. Of an eruption, out-welling, over-flowing.

acnestis, n. In ancient Greek theater, a catalyzing event occurring outside 
of the time span of the play.

acnestis, n. Discomfort caused by removal to unfamiliar surroundings.

acnestis, n. An intermediate destination on a journey broken into multiple 
legs.

acnestis, n. The part of the back you can't scratch.

acnestis, n. Occupational catarrh commonly known as "shepherd's cough".

acnestis, n. A sexual practice exhibited by some species of beetle in which 
males attempt to mate with other males, puncturing the victim's abdominal 
cavity. The sperm introduced mingles with that of the victim, so that when 
the victim later mates with a female, a mixture of sperm fertilizes the eggs. 
With multiple occasions of this practice, the paternity of the offspring 
becomes essentially random.

acnestis, n. (Dram.) The feeling of emotional purification evoked in an 
audience by the realization that two ostensibly different characters are in 
fact the same person.

acnestis, n. White glass.

acnestis, n. The state of refusing to lay eggs in your own nest, as a cowbird 
or cuckoo. Also, describes the condition of promiscuous humans.

acnestis, n. The use of gestures or facial expressions as linguistic elements.