Subject: [Fictionary] Shivviness Definitions

From: David Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 09:04:51 -0400

2 and 1 point guesses by Friday, June 21, 6PM.

shivviness - n. - A building for drying sea-kelp, usually
wood-framed, elevated on stilts, and with hinged or removable fabric walls.

shivviness - n. - A descriptor of optical reflectivity.

shivviness - n. - A small, handheld wood borer, usually attached to a spool
of thin metal wire pulled through the created hole.

shivviness - n. - Audacity.

shivviness - n. - Misalignment between the three electron guns in a CRT
display.

shivviness - n. - The feeling of roughness caused by a new undergarment.

shivviness - n. - The personality trait of possessing self-destructive
tendencies.

shivviness - n. - The state of being shiny, esp. of an object not normally
shiny; glossiness; glistening.

shivviness - n. - The woman in charge of the storage of bungs in a brewery.

*Joke Def'n:* shivviness - n. [of machinery] - 1) The state of running
poorly and/or breaking down frequently; 2) something manufactured by the
Chevrolet Motor Car Company.

---

From: David Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 18:20:36 -0400

Dear All,

Guesses by 6PM tomorrow! -- reminder, if you haven't sent one in yet.

Best, David

On Sat, Jun 15, 2024 at 9:04 AM David Randall <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> shivviness - n. - A small, handheld wood borer, usually attached to a
> spool of thin metal wire pulled through the created hole.
>
> shivviness - n. - The state of being shiny, esp. of an object not
> normally shiny; glossiness; glistening.
>