Subject: [Fictionary] vote for your favorite CAPILLAIRE

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 17:40:08 -0400

Hi all,

A reminder that the usual one- and two-point votes are due in two days 
-- 23:59 ET Sunday, 2 May, 2021. Enjoy!

capillaire, n. the larval stage of a member of the order Loptaira (the 
insect order comprising bufflighs and oths).

capillaire, n.1) A type of fern.2) A sugar syrup flavored with extract 
of this fern, presumed to have medicinal properties.

capillaire, n. An executioner authorized to behead princes of the blood.

capillaire, n. A wigmaker that holds a Royal Warrant or other 
certificate of royal patronage. Particularly of suppliers of wigs to the 
British Royal Family.

capillaire, n. A glass pen with a swirled nib.

capillaire, n. A serrated chisel used by sculptors to make a hairlike 
pattern.

capillaire, adj. Prone to losing one's toupee.

capillaire, n. A wad of shed hair used to bulk up a hairdo.

capillaire, n. The shaft of a reedy plant in the genus Arundo. Typically 
used to refer to those species cultivated in southern France for the 
manufacture of musical instruments.

-- Eric   |   [email-masked]