Subject: The Underns and the Oughtens

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:51:25 -0400

Here are the defs. Each pair of defs is treated like one def in the usual 
rules. Please vote for two pairs of defs, one with one point and one with 
two. If your defs are voted for, you will receive points. If you vote for the 
right defs, you will receive points. If you vote for your own def, you will 
lose points. Deadline is in one week.

phma
---
undern, adj. Additional.
oughten, adj. Needed.

undern, adj. Compulsory.
oughten, adj. Strongly suggested.

undern, n. pl. (Penn. Dutch) What is worn as underclothes.
oughten, v. t. (Am. Slang)  To manipulate account books to make it appear 
that a for-profit company has had no profit in the last fiscal period.

undern, n. The structural support of a circus tent.
oughten, v. To multiply by a factor of 10; i.e., to add zeroes.

undern, n. One of the naiads that do the laundry for the Olympians.
oughten, n. Lesser Furies; they berate children who fail to fulfil small 
tasks their parents have set them.

undern, n. Originally, midafternoon; later applied to midmorning, noon, or 
evening.
oughten, n. 1. Three in the morning. 2. When it's darkest before the dawn.

undern, adj. Short.
oughten, adj. Tall.