Subject: demy defs

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:52:58 -0400

Hmm, I suppose the reason why I didn't get any votes, just a message from
Pierre saying that he never got the ballot is... that I emailed the
ballot to myself, rather than to the list.  So here is the ballot. 
Deadline extended to... let's say the evening of Saturday, October 18. 
And I did get home from the event mentioned below earlier than expected. 
It was... hairy.
_____________________________________

Okay, I think I didn't any (and I hope I'm right about that).  Pick a
twosie, and pick a onesie, and get those votes in by the time I get home
from the US Rogaine Championships (no, I'm not kidding, look it up if you
don't believe me).  I'm driving, and I'll be pretty tired when it's over,
so it will take me a while to get back to Massachusetts, so I think we're
talking Tuesday morning at the very earliest.  And send along a haiku (or
two, or three) if you find yourself with spare time.

Jean-Joseph
_____________________________________

demy - adj. - Understatedly confident.

demy - n. - The abbreviated jacket worn with a bejewelled halter top in a
harem costume.

demy - adj. - (1920s British slang, from _demotic_) Popular, vulgar, fun.

demy - n., [pl. -mies] - 1. Any of several standard sizes of paper,
especially: a. In England, paper measuring 15 1/2 by 20 inches or 17 1/2
by 22 1/2 inches.  b. In the Unites States, paper measuring 16 by 21
inches.  2. A size of book, 8 3/4 by 5 5/8 inches.  3. A size of book, 11
1/4 by 8 3/4 inches.

demy - v.t. - To harass someone by demanding, in a bullying fashion
calculated to excite resentment, that they do something which they
already intended to do.

demy - n. - A person who stands as a place-holder, as in a line, for
someone who  needs to leave their own place temporarily.  Once this
applied to lines of applicants for the justice of the local lord, now
applicable to people waiting overnight for tickets to go on sale who have
to use the restroom.

demy - n. - [French] A small backyard shed used as a child's playhouse. 
Often decorated with pastel colors.

demy - n. - Either of two divisions of a people, such that a member of
one demy can only marry a member of the other.

demy - n. - A lapdog or coddled pet.

demy - v. - To replace an enemy's flag with one's own upon capturing a
fortification.

Joke def from Judith:
demy - v. - To wefuze to adnit.