Subject: glabella?

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 23:30:47 -0500

Your mission:
1) Choose a 2-point awardee from the following definitions.
2) Choose a 1-point awardee from the following definitions.
3) Compose a haiku using the word "glabella" (definition of your choice,
from among those submitted).  Haikus must be strict 5-7-5 syllabic
verses, but need not follow the more subtle rules on containing a
seasonal reference or whatever.  Quality of haiku will be used as a
tiebreaker if needed.  Votes due by midnight , 6 Feb 2000.

glabella - n. - [Sp. glavella] A small fighting knife, used left-handed
w. a
    full-sized sword

glabella - n. - A spiced wine made with burgundy grapes and wild herbs.

glabella - n. - The space between the eyebrows, just above the nose.

glabella - n. - A body of navigable salt water, such as the
Mediterranean,
    in which there are no tides.

glabella - n. - A skin disease related to scrofula.  Its symptoms are
    usually red, flaky skin and an itching sensation on the groin and
legs.
    It is chronic, and exacerbated by sudden shifts of temperature or
humidity.

glabella - n. - A small, mouse-like marsupial native to southern
Australia.

glabella - n. - [from Heinrich Glabel, Swiss botanist] A small yellow
flower,
    Glabella lissa, found in Switzerland and northern Italy.

glabella - n. - A wide, flexible tool for spreading mud on the body.