Subject: [Fictionary] Attap Ballot from Linda

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:21:15 GMT

ATTAP BALLOT1] Attap, n. A small sack, often used for catching wild game. **********************2] Attap, n.  (Wales) The small plot of land permitted to a tenant farmer to raise produce and livestock for personal consumption. ************************3] Attap, v.  To bind bamboo, especially for construction. ***************************4] Attap, n.  Corn, beans, and squash, cooked together and dried, used as food by Algonquian and Iroquoian people when traveling or going to war.  *************************5) Attap, n.  Roofing material from the nipah palm. Found in swamps in parts of Malaysia. ************************* 6] Attap, v.  [from odia atappo, to cook or stew in a closed pot, atap; a stew with prawns and vegetables from tamil attappi, to cook] to stew meat and vegetables after marinating for several days, a style of cooking in southern India and popular in some districts of London and Bristol.  ***************************7] Attap, n.  an apparently powerful blow that is actually harmless.  v.  to perform the attap.  ****************************8] Attap, n.  Coarse yarn made from corn silk.  **********************************Thanks for you defs.  Please, voters, assign one or two points to favorite defs.

---

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:07:03 -0400

Reformatted, enjoy. Thanks, Linda!

(Make sure *not* to reply to this message, it will come to me and I'm 
not the wordmeister!)

1] Attap, n. A small sack, often used for catching wild game.

2] Attap, n. (Wales) The small plot of land permitted to a tenant farmer 
to raise produce and livestock for personal consumption.

3] Attap, v. To bind bamboo, especially for construction.

4] Attap, n. Corn, beans, and squash, cooked together and dried, used as 
food by Algonquian and Iroquoian people when traveling or going to war.

5) Attap, n. Roofing material from the nipah palm. Found in swamps in 
parts of Malaysia.

6] Attap, v. [from odia atappo, to cook or stew in a closed pot, atap; a 
stew with prawns and vegetables from tamil attappi, to cook] to stew 
meat and vegetables after marinating for several days, a style of 
cooking in southern India and popular in some districts of London and 
Bristol.

7] Attap, n. an apparently powerful blow that is actually harmless. v. 
to perform the attap.

8] Attap, n. Coarse yarn made from corn

-- Eric   |   @GoudyBoldItalic