Subject: oops

From: "David Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:19:32 -0500

sorry, that was just the _first_ of the definitions on tap--I hit the send
key too soon.  The entire list of definitions is:

laura--[a. Gr. lane, passage, alley]  n.--Christian Antiq.  An aggregation
of
detached cells, tenanted by recluse monks under a superior, in Egypt and
elsewhere.

laura --n.--An easily guessable password.

laura--n.-- An object hung from the ceiling for decorative purpose,
rather than being used for its intended function.

laura--n.--Also lowra. 1. An umbelliferous herb, Anuragus gargatus, grown
mostly in
Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat. 2. The resin of this herb, used in Ayurvedic
medicine to treat wind ailments.

laura--n.--A song in honor of an individual or event.

laura--n.--British slang (during the second World War) for a
barrage balloon.

laura--adj.--Delicately scented.

laura--n.--In Roman times, a woman who was honored for her various special
gifts, to be decided by the Senate or Emperor, by being allowed to wear a
crown of laurel leaves in public.  Such women, usually wives and mothers,
were prized and given material gifts. They were protected by all of the
goddesses.

laura--n.--Soapstone.

two point and one point definitions, please.

David