Subject: [Fictionary] FADGE ballot

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 20:17:23 -0400

Here are ten fake definitions and one real one, roughly in alphabetical
order. As usual, you have a one point vote and a two point vote. Please get
me your votes before Labor Day!

fadge - n. (Cumberland dialect)  - a charm to protect against black magic,
containing deer fat and rabbit droppings.

fadge (n., chiefly British) - a consolation prize

fadge (n.) a digger of holes, primarily one whose trade was digging pits
for latrines and other disposal of waste.

fadge
(n) 1. (chiefly Scottish) a round thick loaf of bread; (chiefly Irish)
potato cake or bread
     2. a bundle
     3. (Australia) an irregular package of wool weighing from 60 to 150
pounds

fadge, n. Any of several species of butwin found in Lancashire.

fadge (noun); bent rod, pointed at both ends, used by thatchers to secure
bundled straw.

fadge, n. Period of mental relaxation or indolence. "After Turing's latest
push at the National Physical Laboratory, a week's biking around the Lake
District was just the fadge he needed."

fadge
1. v. to gather or to collect random objects
2. n. a collection of dissimilar items

fadge, v. To misdeliver or incorrectly return a mailpiece.

fadge - v. - To prepare perishable food items for railroad transport.

fadge, v. to put forth an argument that you only hope will win, but
probably will not.

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 11:37:11 -0400

Deadline extension! I somehow injured my shoulder while napping (how??) and
don’t feel like assembling the results until - let’s say Thursday night. So
please get me your votes, if you haven’t already, by Thursday afternoon.
Ballot is below.

---

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 16:14:49 -0400

On 08-Sep-20 11:37, Ranjit Bhatnagar wrote:
> Deadline extension! I somehow injured my shoulder while napping (how??) 
> and don’t feel like assembling the results until - let’s say Thursday 
> night. So please get me your votes, if you haven’t already, by Thursday 
> afternoon. Ballot is below.
You're not the only one. Red Sox starting pitcher Clay Buchholz famously 
had to miss several starts in 2013 because he injured his shoulder while 
napping on a couch.

-- Eric   |   [email-masked]

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 19:56:24 -0400

It's probably going to be a few more days before I have time to count the
votes for "fadge" - so feel free to send in your votes if you haven't yet.

- r