Subject: Prad definitions

From: "David Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 22:33:20 -0400

(sorry, I seem to lose track of time.  2 and 1 point guesses, please.
David)
----------------------------
prad - n. - academic headgear.

prad - n. - a collection of imps.

prad - n. - (football slang)  1) acronym for Push Right At Dummy, used by
Knute Rockne when advising his team to work harder at practice, and 2) now
the name for the padded dummies used at practice, thus 3) s. or pl., the
dimwitted players on one's team that need constant coaching in tackling
skills, and 4)  academic skills.

prad - n.) - a door stop fastened to a door on a hinge.

prad - n. - a fraternity brother who was accepted only to help cover the
rent, esp. one expected not to realize it even when he is on the pledge
committee the following year.

prad - n. - (slang, fr. Dutch _paard_) a horse.

prad - n. - (from Spanish _prado_) an art museum or gallery, esp. a large
one.

prad - n. - (fr. Romanian, meadow) any of several archeological sites on the
plains of Eastern Europe.

prad - adj. - having the taste sensation of spicy and cool at the same time,
as in mint and hot pepper, or as in cilantro leaves.

prad - n. - the hidden fabric in the tuck of a pleat.

prad - v. - to emboss or etch with a diamond pattern.
-------------
Joke def from Pierre:
prad, adj. (Southern) Pleased with someone's accomplishments.