Subject: Dern ballot

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 08:10:02 -0500

Please vote for two definitions, one with two points and one with one. Also
please submit a limerick about dern, in any of these meanings. You have one
week.

phma
---
dern, n. A woman who has the same profession as her father.

dern, n. A standardized testing statistic describing the gain in percentile
rank due to taking a specific test multiple times.

dern, n. In the mercantile psychology of Aquantius Helveticus (d. 1231), the
interest accruing to unconciliated resentment.

dern, n. A really vile Slovenian cuss word. You just shouldn't say this about
somebody's sister.

dern, v. (photog.) To compensate for an inaccurate exposure by adjusting
concentrations and durations of chemicals in the printing process.

dern, n. A mound or wall of stones.

dern, n. 1. A smear of lipstick 2. Unfinished business.

dern, v. To sail perpendicular to the path of an approaching storm.

dern, n. A shallow cistern.

dern, n. A secondary spike affixed to a spindle, used to anchor an object placed
upon the spindle to its rotation.

dern, adj. 1. Secret. 2. Trustworthy with secrets. -v. To hide.

dern, n. A training collar for a gun dog or a retreiver.
---
P.S.:  ObJokeDef:  v. To consign another's 
immortal soul to Hack. -EZ