Subject: Colorstruck Ballot

From: Aussie Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:43:38 -0500

Here's the ballot - vote 2 points for your favorite and 1 point for your
runner-up.  I decree that plus 1/10 of a point will be granted for
cleverly unmasking your fellow players, minus 1/10 of a point for doing
so erroneously, or for attributing anything to the fictional player
Elizabeth.  (Informed sources tell me that it's really EZ who's so leery
of the "esp." notation.)  Persons voting for their own definitions will
be sent a reel of minty-flavored mental floss.

Get your votes in by Election Day, Tuesday, Nov.2nd.

colorstruck - adj. - Made by a process in which different metals are
combined into one coin or medal so as to produce contrast; for example,
a gold head on a silver background.

colorstruck - adj. - poorly dyed.

colorstruck - n. - On a vessel lacking a main gaff, a lightweight yard
extending abaft the main topmast, upon which the colors may be
displayed.

colorstruck - n. - a flock consisting solely of white-fleeced sheep

colorstruck - adj. - (of a woods) barren.

colorstruck - adj. - characterized by clashing extremes of hue.

colorstruck - adj. - supersaturated, producing a blurred photographic
image

colorstruck - n. - a test pattern for four-color process printing
equipment.

colorstruck - adj. - (colloq. Afr.Am.) - obsessed with light
complexions.

colorstruck - n. - a particularly violent maneuver in Rugby, in which
players enter a standing ruck formation at high speed, attempting to
force the situation through momentum rather than strength.  Prohibited
since 1956 in Rugby Union, permitted in Rugby League.

colorstruck - adj. - suffering from a medical condition in which all
objects have a multi-colored halo. May be neurological or psychosomatic
in origin.

Colorstruck -- (n.)  A subterranean cyclone, often of great destructive
force (sc. _Colorstruck tornado_, after a mine disaster in Colorstruck,
Nevada, in 1888.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus joke def from EZ:
colorstruck - adj. - having fallen into a fast-onset depression
(from "blue")

Bonus bonus joke def from Aussie: 
colorstruck - n. - the truck that carries the equipment for the
colorguard in a marching band.

Double-Meat bonus with cheese and bacon:
And in the same vein, Elliott had spare definitions falling left and
right:
colorstruck -- (adj.)  (of a ship)  Surrendered.
colorstruck -- (n.)  A vehicle for transporting liquid dyestuffs.