Subject: [Fictionary] last call mooncusser ballot

From: E Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 18:14:21 -0500

Votes are due tonight (well, really until tomorrow day). So send in the 
usual two- and one-point votes.

----------------------------------------------------------

mooncusser, n. A style of mournful Appalachian ballad, typified by "The 
mooncusser".

mooncusser, n. [More commonly, mooncutter.] A modification of the cutter 
rig with two masts. The mizzen would commonly be rigged with a course, 
and a gaff or lug sail.

mooncusser, n. A blend of tea originally packaged in Mankachar, Assam.

mooncusser, n. A drunken complaint made on the way home from the 
pub/saloon/bar, blaming anyone but the drunk person.

mooncusser, n. (Kabyle munqasr) A North African bird, Threskiornis redibis.

mooncusser, n. A land-based pirate who, by destroying lighthouses and 
lighting decoy signals -- often a lamp atop a pole, fastened to a horse 
and led along the coast -- lured ships to wreck for easy plunder.

mooncusser, n. A scythe-like tool used for harvesting barley and other 
cereals.

mooncusser, n. 1. The cigarette rolled from the last dregs remaining in 
a tobacco pouch. 2. A work composed discernibly after its author's heyday.

mooncusser, n. A hallucinogenic species of gooseberry found in Argentina 
and Chile.

mooncusser, n. A silver ritual knife shaped like the crescent moon.

mooncusser, n. A monk who comforts the dying. (Hobson-jobson derivation 
from "moine qu'assure")

-- Eric   |   @GoudyBoldItalic