Subject: MOFETTE ballot: last chance!

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:49:42 -0400 (EDT)

Only eight votes so far!  Let's have some more action, people!  I'm
extending the deadline until thursday midnight.

- ranjit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:38:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: MOFETTE ballot

You know the rules!  Send a two-point vote and a one-point vote to me by
next Wednesday night, please!

mofette, n. A marionette with only basic articulation, i.e., of the
shoulders and hips

mofette, n. A servant who is employed to take care of falcons.

mofette, n. A fitted cloth cover, usually embroidered, for an overstuffed
chair, sofa, or ottoman.

mofette, n. A stand with fabric sling used as an infant bath.

mofette, n. Delicate, decorated handkerchief (often silk) for display
rather than use

mofette, n. Women's cap c. 1700, characterized by a plain front, lace
ruffles at the back, and tying under the chin.

mofette, v. To fool around with food, instead of eating nicely.

mofette, n. 1. An opening in the earth from which carbon dioxide and other
gases escape, usually marking the last stage of volcanic activity.  2. The gases
escaping from such an opening.

mofette, n. A Breton cottage cheese made from goat's milk.

mofette, n. A soft mint candy usually sold around Easter.  From Mofette's
in Paris.