Subject: turndun!

From: Elliott A Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 01:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

Here they are!  And a fine crop too.  Yall have one week to vote.  Voting is 
a la Jed (you have a 2-point vote and a 1-point vote).

em

---------

turndun -- adv.  Formerly; esp. before some significant event.

turndun -- n.  A wooden barrel used for grape-pressing

turndun -- n.  The barrel or forked pole on which a turnpike turns.

turndun -- n.  A heraldic device comprising three arrows bundled with a
ribbon, indicating that the father died in battle before the birth of the
child.

turndun -- adj.  Damp and crumbly

turndun -- n.  A specialized attachment which separates and flattens the
seam behind the presser foot of a sewing machine.

turndun -- n.  (Kentish dialect) A newly-harvested field of hops.

turndun -- n.  The attachment collar on a fire hose.

turndun -- n.  The portion of topsheet folded back over a the blanket
on a bed made up to military standards.

turndun -- n.  In Central Asian folk music, a male vocal style
characterized by a gutteral monotone.

turndun -- n.  A flattish, fish-shaped piece of wood fastened by one
end to a thong and whirled to make a penetrating noise.

turndun -- n.  A defensive tower, oft. free-standing near a castle's corner

turndun -- n.  A kind of clamp used by carpenters to hold rods in
position during sawing, gluing, etc.

-------

Bonus Joke Def from EZ:

turndun -- adj. Sexually activated, for a hillbilly.