Subject: Cast your votes for epinasty

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:19:49 -0400

Here ya go, cast a two, and cast a one (hint: it's a noun), and let's all
hope I didn't screw up this time and leave out somebody's definition.  
Get the votes in by the official finishing deadline of the 24th Annual
Billygoat Run.  (Okay, so nobody but Hutch would have a chance of
figuring out when that is.  But I guess you could figure it out with a
web search.  Or you could just play it safe and send your votes in
early.)

J-J
________________________________

epinasty - n. - A syndrome of unknown origin that causes hedgehogs to
lose their quills.

epinasty - n. - The founder of a dynasty.

epinasty - n. - A wrapping, that which enfolds.

epinasty - n. - 1. The practice of crowding around someone engaged in a
delicate task and attempting to break his or her concentration.  2. In
the Byzantine Greek theatre, competitive ritualized heckling of the
actors by members of rival craft guilds.  3. Hence, the benches at the
foot of the stage where the epinasts sat. 

epinasty - n. - A pen in which domestic porcupines are raised.

epinasty - n. - A downward bending of leaves or other plant parts,
resulting from excessive growth of the upper side.

epinasty - n. - A layer of felt just under the finished roofing, used as
additional weatherproofing (in a roof).

epinasty - n. - Skin graft.

epinasty - n. - Government or rule by echinoderms; so called after the
fabled island of Epinas.

epinasty - n. - That horrid spinach your parents make you eat anyway.

epinasty - n. - A succession of elected kings, as in Poland.

epinasty - n. - A procedure in which small patches of bark are removed
from a tree in order to check for fungal or insect infestation.

epinasty - n. - 1. The practice of using heated wax, adhesive, or tape to
remove hair or bristles.  2. Any depilatory method other than shaving.

________________________________________________________
bonus joke def from Ranjit: a particularly unpleasant hair-removal device

---

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 22:59:59 -0400

> web search.  Or you could just play it safe and send your votes in

The old date, or the new date?

phma