Subject: [Fictionary] NILAS Ballot

From: Ziv Stern <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:42:10 -0500

Hi folks! You know the drill -- 2 points for one word, 1 point for another.
Get me your point assignments by Friday night (Dec 4th) please!
I'll also share whatever comments, gripes, anecdotes etc people are moved
to share :)

nilas, adj. sinful

nilas, n. a feeling of extreme sorrow or loss

nilas, n. a Tamil caramel flavored with cardamom.

nilas, n. an animal spirit which guards a place or object.

nilas, n. a flowering shrub native to Oceania, known for its metallic scent.

nilas, n. A cloth made from the byssus of clams dyed with the secretion of
murex.

nilas, n. Newly frozen sea ice in the form of a smooth sheet less than 10
centimeters (4 inches) thick.

nilas, n. A ring-shaped candle holder often combined with a wreath.
Typically used during Advent.

NILAS, adj. *acronym (US Navy)* Naval equivalent of missing and presumed
dead. = No Intelligence Lost At Sea.

nilas, n. 1. A small, edible European freshwater fish. 2. *archaic* An
easily fooled person.

nilas, n. A throbbing noise caused by vortex shedding from the
horns of certain swift-moving antelopes.

---

From: Ziv Stern <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 16:25:29 -0500

Still waiting on many ballots for NILAS! I'm going to send out the results
on Monday morning, so get me your votes before then!

-Ziv

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 9:42 AM Ziv Stern <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi folks! You know the drill -- 2 points for one word, 1 point for
> another. Get me your point assignments by Friday night (Dec 4th) please!