Subject: Here's the ballot!

From: Judith Schrier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:04:10 -0500

Sorry to be so late...yes, I'm really spacing out!
Let's try to get these back by Friday, and I'll try to be much
better about reacting to them!

The usual system; two points for the best definition, one point for
another guess.
love, judith
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

indusium (n)  An ornamental vine with palmately compound leaves.

indusium (n) 1) A brand of rayon fabrics made by Pakistan National Fabrics, 
Ltd.  The name was given by the textile engineer C. J. Khan in 1968.  2) 
(in Pakistan and Bangladesh) a generic term for rayon.

indusium (n) A mixture of amalaki and mehandi, used to color the hair.

Indusium (n) Aerospace alloy made from several light-weight metals, with 
indium added for strength.

Indusium (n) An investing outgrowth or membrane: as the annulus of a 
fungus, esp. when large and full.

indusium (n) The central body segment of the trilobite, between the 
cephalon (head) and pygidium (tail).

Indusium (n) The state of emergence from ennui into enthusiasm

indusium (n., med.) A thing whose name does not know or has forgotten, used 
between medical persons in the presence of laymen.  (Pseudo-Latin, 1818) k
Judith E. Schrier, Editor     Phone: 401-863-2511
Laboratory Primate Newsletter FAX:  401-863-1300
Box 1853, Brown University    e-mail: [email-masked]
Providence, RI 02912          www.brown.edu/primate