Subject: new word: BLEB

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:03:50 -0400

Years ago-- no, DECADES ago-- I had a little program on my apple 2
computer that sort of played a two-voice piece by Bach by using the
hocket technique, rapidly alternating between the two voices.

Anyway, how many of you know the word "bleb"?  If the answer is zero,
then I will ask you to send me a definition and example usage by the
28th.  The example usage is mandatory for this round!

- ranjit

---

From: William Quale <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

> hocket technique, rapidly alternating between the two voices.

I'm pretty sure I've heard someone sing one like this... Bobby McFerrin?

If I was actively playing, I would've mentioned I knew hocket since I sing
them all the time in Ren Choir, but well, I've just been lurking and
enjoying for the past, well, not quite decades....

--Will

 [email-masked]  http://www.quale.org	http://www.strangehorizons.com

"i've gone to sweep cobwebs beyond the sky, but i'll be back by and by."