Subject: [Fictionary] SCRIVELLO ballot reminder

From: E <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 18:17:22 -0400

Hi all,

A reminder that votes are due in two days -- by this coming Sunday
night, November 5. Vote now, it's easier than a real election! (Also, at
least one of the candidates is telling the truth.)

Please vote the usual one- and two-pointers.

scrivello, n. (pl. scrivelli or scrivellos) 1. A secondary impact crater
caused by ejecta from a preceding impact. 2. A landscape characterized
by such.

scrivello, adj. Unexpected, as a jack-in-the-box.

scrivello, n. An elaborate, ornamental decoration on the top of a
wrought-iron fence or gate, featuring organic forms, usually plant life.

scrivello, n. 1. A pedantic buffoon in _commedia dell'arte_. 2. An aged,
ridiculous professor, especially one who is thin and bald.

scrivello, n. Fine furniture made from wood that has been superficially
damaged by worms which leave behind a figuration that resembles writing;
less commonly, the wood so used.

scrivello, n. An elephant tusk of less than 20 pounds in weight, used to
make billiard balls.

scrivello, n. (Described by Antonio Scrivello.) A sedimentary flysch
consisting largely of drosolithic arenite, found in southern Italy.

scrivello, n. A proxy diarist.

scrivello, n. Margin notes, especially addenda on correspondence between
academics.

-- Eric