Subject: tat definitions

From: "David Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 13:54:47 -0400

Mark-Jason Dominus is the winner; take it away! - David

Mark-Jason Dominus' definition was

tat - n. - a headless nail used in shingling.

2 (EZuckerman) + 2 (Aussie Meyer) + 2 (Pierre Abbat) = 6 points

Ranjit Bhatnagar's definition was

tat - n. - 1. an infected animal bite. 2. a fever resulting from an animal
bite.

0 points.

Elliott Moreton's definition was

tat - n. - an ostensibly functional feature whose true purpose is wholly
decorative, such as a fake buttonhole.

2 (Judith Schrier) + 2 (Ranjit Bhatnagar) + 1 point for guessing correctly =
5 points.

Melissa Shaner's definition was

tat - n.  - a small fetish doll made from broken glass, mud, and human hair.

1 point for guessing correctly = 1 point.

Jean-Joseph Cote's definition was

tat - adj. - assembled by means of soldering, as opposed to riveting.

1 (EZuckerman) + 1 (Mark-Jason Dominus) = 2 points.

Jeff Hutchinson's definition was

tat  - n. - (cricket) a weak strike that is misplayed by the fielding team.

2 (Elliott Moreton) + 1 (Aussie Meyer) + 1 (Pierre Abbat) = 4 points.

Pierre Abbat's definition was

tat - n. - a sterile bull.

1 (Jean-Joseph Cote) = 1 point.

The OED's definition was

tat - n. - (slang) dice; esp. false or loaded dice.

1 (Judith Schrier) + 1 (Melissa Shaner) + 1 (Elliott Moreton) = 3 points.

Kir Talmage's definition was

tat - n. - teat.

0 points.

Trying to play on the tit-for-tat thing? - EZuckerman

Tit for tat. - Aussie Meyer

Conrad Heiney's definition was

tat - n. - the unfermented barley laid out to dry before it is brewed into
beer.

2 (Kir Talmage) + 2 (Melissa Shaner) = 4 points.

Judith Schrier's definition was

tat - v. - (slang) to give away secrets.

2 (Jeff Hutchinson) + 1 point for guessing correctly = 3 points.

E. Zuckerman's defintion was

tat - v. - to rend or tear fabric.

1 (Kir Talmage) + 1 (Ranjit Bhatnagar) + 1 (Jeff Hutchinson) = 3 points.

Aussie Meyer's definition was

tat - v. - to salute with heelclicking.

2 (Mark-Jason Dominus) + 2 (Jean-Joseph Cote) = 4 points.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:16:46 -0400 (EDT)

> tat - n. - a headless nail used in shingling.
Clearly, none of you who voted for this have done any 
shingling.  Hmm, shingling.  What a strange-looking 
word.

Kir, who will be doing her roof later this year.