Subject: NUPSON ballot

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:13:36 -0500 (EST)

I am proud of all of you for your gallant work, avoiding THAT symbol and
still making convincing word-info.  Now is our occassion to find out which
all of us most favor.  Award 2 points to an aspirant and 1 point to a
rival, in our usual fashion.  Monday night I will stop taking ballots.

-ranjit

nupson -- (1) 109.33.  (2) (colloq. U.S.) 109.  (3) (Br.) 113.  (Origin
unknown.)

nupson, n. [Of doubtful origin.] A fool. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.

nupson, n. (slang) prompt-card.  (for Wm. NUPSON, union of prof. prompts)

nupson, n.--Old hand gun, custom tooling, Ag or Au inlay, 1-of-a-kind
styling, craftsmanship of Guy Nupson and sons, Tucson, Arizona.

nupson (n.) - A small mark on a work of art indicating that it is not an
original, just a copy.

nupson - int. - an informal salutation; [fr 1920's Brooklyn]

nupson, n. - A clay drinking mug with a lid.

nupson - n. - Round Scottish floury loaf, with balls of dough forming a
common pull-apart mound of buns.

nupson - n. - A flashing buoy that marks a soft mud or sandy shoal.

nupson, n. A bag of sand or similar stuff put on a foot of an apparatus,
such as a rooftop radio dish, so that it stays put and is not blown away
by wind.

nupson: (n) A salutation, but with satirical implication.

nupson - n. - a nautical dish of rat hash and hot biscuit.