Subject: New Game: Graphical Fictionary

From: Dave Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 14:31:35 -0400

In parallel to the current round of fictionary, I am starting a new
game: Graphical Fictionary.  If the first round is sucessful, MJD has
kindly offered to set up a mailing list for it.

The rules are like fictionary, but with images.  A *example* round
follows:

Example Image:
http://kafka.i-site.com/~novalis/images/fictionary-001.jpg

(note: this image has been altered to remove words describing the
object)

Example Descriptions:

1. An early industrial nutcracker, created by Merritt's Machine Tools,
1867.  

2. A self-adjusting bench-clamp, from the Evertite company, 1919.

3. A sculptor's coil compass, used in the machine-assisted creation of
"handmade" pots circa 1935.  

4. A sixteen century torture device known as the "knuckle cracker." 
Shakespeare was once threatened with the application of this instrument.

... etc.

Of course, in a real round, descriptions will probably be more
elaborate.

The actual answer is 2, from:
http://www.orme.com/html/weird_bench_clamp_thing.html

--end example round--

Voting will be as per fictionary - each person gets a 2 and a 1 to give
out. I can't remember how correct guesses are scored - if someone can
remind me, that would be great.  If I don't get a reminder, I'll assume
that a 2 for the correct guess give you an extra point.

For future rounds, if you need image manipulation or hosting, let me
know.  I can accept large images by e-mail, crop them, remove words and
other identifying markings, and put them on the WWW.

Ok, the image for ROUND 1 is:

http://kafka.i-site.com/~novalis/images/fictionary-002.jpg

Send descriptions to: [email-masked] by
Saturday, July 7 at 12:00 noon EST.

If too many people know what this is or guess too well, I'll pick
something else.

-- 
-[Dave Turner                              Stalk me:  (215)-545-2859]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"I would say our forefathers would have been ashamed, but they were 
slave owners." - Slashdot Anonymous Coward.  Bring Pug back!