Subject: Past words heard

From: Fran Poodry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:22:27 -0400

Hi all,
I was listening to the radio one morning this week and heard the word
"riprap" used in a story about the re-building of levees on the Mississippi,
and it reminded me of seeing "bagasse" in a magazine article (Sierra,
July/Aug 05) which describes an MIT professor's work in making charcoal out
of bagasse and cassava.
Thought I'd pass that along...its always fun to use words from fictionary in
real life!
-Fran

---

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:54:02 -0400

> "riprap" used

Was "riprap" a fictionary word?  I run into that one all the time, as it
commonly comes up at meetings for my volunteer position on the town
conservation commission.

I was suprised recently when I heard "contango" used (don't remember
whether it was radio or a web article), because oil futures had gone
fully contango for the first time.

Jean-Joseph