Subject: Alabandical in the Rain?

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 14:38:47 -0700

"Olivia Newton-John sings, 'Let's get alabandical' (in a skimpy
exercise outfit on the cover)"

Errr, no

Instead, pick your favorite definitions from the list below. One is
real; the rest, filthy imposters! Place yer bets and get yer money
down!

Standard voting: 2 points for your favorite, 1 for your second
favorite. Additional opinions, criticisms, poetry, and random remarks
all accepted and circular-filed :)

Deadline for voting: the end of the day next Wednesday, 2005 December
[this time for reals] 7: Pearl Harbor Day.

Good luck, Fictionary-aires!

BB,
Hutch

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM/IT/S d(+-) s+: a C++$>++++ U P L E? W+$+++ N+ o? K? w+>++++ O? M-
V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP-(--) t+ 5? X? R+ !tv b++++ DI++ D+ G e++>++++ h+ r--*
y--(++)
-------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-------

=====

alabandical - n. - a potion intended to induce partial amnesia,
typically self-administered.

alabandical - adj. - Of or related to alabandics, the practice of
bundling - n. - any table or handbook of bundling data or techniques.

alabandical - adj. - Marked by surprising or inappropriate bravery.
	... Then alabandical he leapt foremost
	To beard the raging Turk 'mid his corsairs.

alabandical - adj. - barbarous; stupefied from drink

alabandical - adj. - Pertaining to the use of land, formerly used to
grow illegal crops, to grow medicinal plants.

alabandical - adj. - Oversimplified to the point of incorrectness

alabandical - n. - (medieval Eur. magical lore) an homunculus made of
alabaster; used as a decoy when summoning elder demons.

alabandical - n. - Alabandical Society: a society founded by Oxford
undergraduates in 1867 to "encourage the undertaking and fulfillment
of sworn quests among all orders of society." [A fanciful neologism.]
- adj. - Characterized by arduous pursuit of an absurd but attainable
goal; as, an alabandical enterprise, policy, etc.
	1876 (Trollope, Prime Minister) His friend Mr Palliser's no less
	alabandical project of decimal coinage.
	1950 (A.M. Turing, Mind) A few years ago one would have agreed
	that an exhaustive enumeration was not merely alabandical, but
	altogether impossible.

alabandical - adj. - (of food) smooth and rich, with a hint of hot pepper.

=====

---

From: Hutch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:41:39 -0700

With votes from only four (David, Judith, Elliott, and Fran), an early
leader is stepping away from the crowd. Is that leader reality, dream,
or "well across the border into Silly Land"?

Get your votes in! Pearl Harbor Day is coming soon!

Hutch

On 12/1/05, Hutch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> GCM/IT/S d(+-) s+: a C++$>++++ U P L E? W+$+++ N+ o? K? w+>++++
> O? M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP-(--) t+ 5? X? R+ !tv b++++ DI++ D+ G
> e++>++++ h+ r--* y--(++)