Subject: Ol darapti i kam

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:03:24 -0500

I gat hia wanpela ten tri mining bilong tok "darapti". Yu ken putim wanpela vot
long wanpela mining na tupela vot long narapela mining. Sevenpela de bai i kam,
na mi kaunim ol vot na telim yupela, wanem mining i winim ol arapela, na wanem
i as tru bilong dispela tok.

Sapos yu vot long mining tru, orait yu gat poin. Sapos yu vot long mining bilong
yu yet, orait yu lusim faipela poin. Sapos yu tokim, "Em i raitim dispela
mining," na yu tok tru, mi brukim wanpela poin long tenpela hap na givim wanpela
long yu. Yu tok giaman, orait yu lusim wanpela hap.

phma
---
darapti, n. (fr. Hindi) A railway porter.

Darapti, n. The bride of Ururavas.

darapti, n. A temporary roofing structure.

darapti, n. A fish trap consisting of a semicircular net suspended from wooden
stakes driven into a shallow riverbottom, into which fish are driven by waders.

darapti, n. An African antelope, Alcenquis marii.

darapti, adj. Made of tropical softwood.

darapti, n. A garment worn by Afghan women during pregnancy.

darapti, n. A griddled flatbread created by Spanish settlers in India.

darapti, n. The combination of a snaffle and a martingale.

darapti, n. A syllogism of the form: Every foo is bar, every foo is baz,
therefore some bar is baz. See ferison.

darapti, n. A woven textile mat, used as a wall decoration or interior door.

darapti, n. Any of the insect family _Daraptidae_, which  feed on the eggs of
ants.

darapti, n. The primary theme of a composition in Carnatic vocal music.