Subject: callithump defs

From: Snibor Eoj <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:44:30 -0400 (EDT)

Here are the definitions for callithump.  Get your votes (the usual 1
point and 2 point) to me by midnight Wednesday.

callithump (int.) - Nonsense expression of frustration used when children
are present. (n.) - Any such expression used when strong language may be
offensive.

callithump (n.) - Appalachian folk dance similar to the polka, but in
which partners use opposing legs side by side.

callithump (n.) - The roe of the trepang, enjoyed as a delicacy in some
parts of Malaysia and Indonesia.

callithump (v.) - To saw off or file off the head of a screw after it is
installed.

callithump (n.) - 1. A cautionary tale.  2. a lie told to children.

callithump (n.) - 1. A U.S. frontier remedy for intestinal parasites in
which the patient ingested the spiky dried fruit of the sweetgum tree and
was percussed for an extended time on the abdomen.  The percussion was
believed to detach the worms, allowing them to be snagged on the sweetgum
fruit and transported away.  2. (usu. Callithumps)  A faction within the
Ohio Republican Party ca. 1880, regarded by contemporaries as dangerously
extremist, which advocated abolition of the "spoils system" (q.v.) and its
replacement with a merit-based nonpartisan civil service.

callithump (n.) - The forward hump on a Bactrian camel.

callithump (v.) - To trip over a telephone wire while making a call.

callithump (n.) - A noisy, boisterous band or parade.

callithump (v.) - To obscure the truth through the use of misleading
statistics.

Joke def by Melissa:
callithump (n.) - a broken calliope

Snibor Eoj

[email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a member of the Non-Sequitur Association of America
  "You can lead a yak to water, but you can't teach an old dog to make
   a silk purse out of a pig in a poke."  - Opus