Subject: the heeltap menagerie

From: Jean-Joseph Cote <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:17:12 -0500

A Happy Birthday Halloo goes out to Joe as we move to part two of this
round, since he shares his  with Ludwig Van.  Here are the definitions,
get in your two-point and one-point votes by... how about... the end of
St. Stephen's Day.  (And there's unlikely to be a reminder, since I'll be
out of town for a few days right about then.)

Jean-Joseph
________________________________

heeltap - n. - (Irish-American slang) a short time; a moment.

heeltap - n. - a device for making holes for countersunk screws.

heeltap - n. - a bolt which locks a door in place against a floor or
ceiling.

heeltap - n. - (Texas slang) 1. a divining rod sensitive to oil.  2. a
geological map.

heeltap - n. - the drain valve used for water heater maintenance or
point-of-supply use. 

heeltap - n. - a small amount of liquor remaining at the bottom of a
glass after drinking.

heeltap - adj. - [orig. two words] of a barrel or keg that is tapped at
the end rather than the side.

heeltap - n. - a light kick under the table used as a signal to bid
higher (bridge) or keep quiet
(spouse).

heeltap - n. -  One of the small curved lines, in proximity to a
character or object, intended to indicate vibration in cartoon narrative.

heeltap - n. - 1. a hint from a subordinate intended to avert an imminent
blunder by a superior without tipping off others present.  2. any
especially risky undertaking.

heeltap - n - the emergency stop pedal or "dead man's brake" on a
motorized carnival ride, which will cause the ride to stop if not kept
depressed at all times by the operator.