Subject: [Fictionary] fictionary: DEVIT ballot

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 10:50:57 -0400

Here are nine (9) definitions of "devit". Only one of them is real. Can you
identify the correct one before the pendulum swings too low?

Please send a 1 point vote and a 2 point vote, as usual, by next Tuesday
evening!

devit (obs.) n. - a placeholder. v. - to hold a place. adj. - describing an
object used to hold a place. ex: Remove the devit pin before finishing the
seam.

devit n. a claim to one's own apotheosis, the assertion that one is a god.

devit, n. the growth of crystalline structures within or on the surface of
glass. ("Vitri" = glass; therefore "devitrification" = the process of
becoming un-glasslike).

devit, v, to reduce the vitamin content of a food by some chemical reaction

devit, adj. Lifelike

devit - n. - payment to a bouncer to secure entry into a club.

devit, n. 1. The tribute in dromedaries due from the Arabian pashaliks of
the Ottoman Empire. 2. A bribe.

devit - v. - (obs.) to pick grapes and harvest grape leaves

devit, n. In some role-playing games, a combination of a buff which directs
attacks to a character with a buff that reflects damage done to that
character onto the attacker, resulting in the opponent damaging himself.

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:57:28 -0400

I want more votes! So I'm extending the deadline until Sunday morning.
Ballot is below! Cast your votes!

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021 at 10:50 AM Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Here are nine (9) definitions of "devit". Only one of them is real. Can
> you identify the correct one before the pendulum swings too low?
>
> devit (obs.) n. - a placeholder. v. - to hold a place. adj. - describing
> an object used to hold a place. ex: Remove the devit pin before finishing
> the seam.
>
> devit, n. In some role-playing games, a combination of a buff which
> directs attacks to a character with a buff that reflects damage done to
> that character onto the attacker, resulting in the opponent damaging
> himself.
>
>
>
>
>
>

---

From: Ranjit Bhatnagar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 23:31:17 -0400

Last call for devit votes! Deadline is still Sunday morning.

devit, adj. Lifelike